PDA

View Full Version : Depth Finder

ward_knutson
04-18-2004, 12:27 AM
I just purchased a Moomba Outback and need to install a depth finder. I just purchased a NorCross wireless depth sounder that uses a standard 2 1/8" hole. I noticed one picture had one installed on the right side of the dash. Is this the best location or have you guys found a spot that works better. Thank you for your help.

zabooda
04-20-2004, 05:10 PM
I bought my boat with the depth finder on the right side. It's useless unless you have eyes on the side of your head or use the alarm feature. I moved the voltmeter which doesn't need constant monitoring to the right side and placed the depth finder in the dash.

AJones
04-20-2004, 10:19 PM
See my reply under Boat Owners.

http://www.moomba.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=932

Stackhouse Adams
04-21-2004, 01:45 AM
I had a depth finder installed by the dealer. It's located on the right side too, which was hard to see but I had them put it in an angle bezel and it's easy to see now and works great. I ordered the bezel from CP Performance.

Stackhouse Adams
04-21-2004, 01:57 AM
I had a depth finder installed by the dealer. It's located on the right side too, which was hard to see but I had them put it in an angle bezel and it's easy to see now and works great. I ordered the bezel from CP Performance.