PDA

View Full Version : gravity 1 obv 07 fly high sac

jmvotto
08-28-2009, 01:02 PM
Does anyone know what size( dimensions) the center ballast I is.? I believe its a 400lb and wanted to know if i could move it to the rear comparments to try to surf with it.

moombadaze
08-28-2009, 07:03 PM
keep the bag in the ski locker and just get a 750 fly high bag with a tsunami pump as you will still want some weight in the front and with out redoing your whole gravity 1 system that will be the easist way to get set up for surfing.

jmvotto
08-30-2009, 07:59 AM
what fitting would i need for the tsunami pump with the quick release fittings for the ballast 1.

why is the tsunami pump 99 buck when it looks like i can buy the pump at wally world 40 bucks two fittings(not sure which ones yet) hose, clamps and acc plug. should be about 60.00 total. ayone else do this.

Also could i eventually use the tsunami pumps for the evacuation pumps for an upgrade to gIII using the sprinkler valve system?

04OUTBACK
09-01-2009, 10:26 PM
JV
I have thought through your process of building my own.. i have the pump..just have not finished..
It's doable!

you'll need some fittings to seal off your bag.. the quick disconnects will need to be sealed off!

jmvotto
09-02-2009, 06:51 AM
brad,

thanks, i just see all the parts add up to much less than 100.

i assume you made it north ok. i followed your twitter on the trip... hopefully this weekend is nice, we are heading to michigan for the weekend no boat:mad: but i may stop at bart watersports in indiania:D see if i can find some deals

enjoy , we will have to still try and get a couple runs in, its getting close to shorty an wetsuit weather, but we normally go until october ?

cab13367
09-22-2009, 10:45 PM
jm,

The stock center sac on my boat is 10x16x70, rated at 400 lbs. If there are #'s on the end of your bag, the last 6 digits are the size and I think the first 6 is the manufacture date (see pic below).

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg276/cab13367/004.jpg

2007 Outback V
10-18-2009, 09:54 PM
what fitting would i need for the tsunami pump with the quick release fittings for the ballast 1.

why is the tsunami pump 99 buck when it looks like i can buy the pump at wally world 40 bucks two fittings(not sure which ones yet) hose, clamps and acc plug. should be about 60.00 total. ayone else do this.

Also could i eventually use the tsunami pumps for the evacuation pumps for an upgrade to gIII using the sprinkler valve system?

jmvotto,

Did you get the Walmart Tsunami pump? If so did you get everything to work? What fittings?

I think I am going to get two V-drive Fly high sacs and a pump. I'm not quite ready to do a fully integrated g-III system, so a hand pump and some bags should do for know. I would like to eventually integrate everything - still researching this.

Newbie question, what are the sprinkler valves?

viking
10-19-2009, 12:18 AM
Newbie question, what are the sprinkler valves?

Sprinkler valves are the valves used when the ballast is "plumbed in" and they use the same kind of valves you see in sprinkler systems. You can get them at home depot or lowes (rain bird or orbit). The water intake and drain are all plumbed through the boat and the valves to fill and empty your ballast with the click of a button on your dash.

This is in comparison to a bag with the tsunami pump and hoses that you manually connect, disconnect, fill, and empty.

jmvotto
10-19-2009, 07:08 AM
I researched the building my own tsnunami pump from walmart. If you want the one inch fittings and hose the 1200 is the way to go through barts , overtons, baordersmall. You could probably convert the tsunami 800 pump from walmart , but i was having dificulty finding the two fly high fittings, eveyone seemed to be out so i just bit the bullet , the 1200 fly high fitting seems to be custom only for that pump

i bought two fly high v drive sacs for 125 on ebay and they worked great the short time i used them.

2007 Outback V
10-19-2009, 11:58 AM
jmvotto,

Are your two V-drive bags fully integrated or are you using a pump? What do you think of putting two 750 lb bags in the rear lockers? Do you think it would be overkill and it would be too heavy for the boat?

It's kind of funny, as I read through old posts I constantly find myself asking the same questions you have asked.

jmvotto
10-19-2009, 12:32 PM
I bought the fly highs 400#s for future integration and wakesurfing. I filled the center plus, one full bag, then filled a second bag 1/2 way (maybe 550 to 600 lbs in the corner and surfed great, nice wave. I used the tsunami pump from barts, filles fast , empties fast and i can fold up and store elswher if not needed.

My wake boarding skills do not require any more additional weight than the center ballast and engine, that may cahnge this year, but the wake is plent y big. the 750#s are too big for the locker and you would not want to wake board with both full on each side, you would need to have additional weight in the bow.

IMO get the two vdrive sacs for 200 bucks or less, a 99 tsunami pump. see if it works for your needs. If you want it hard plumbed for the switches, then the cost of about 600 buck materials plus yours or 600 labor will have to be a choice.
Ps you can always sell an extra bag, pump etc on WW, ebay, moomba classifieds

I like the storage if not wake surfing, so i will deal with the bags and pumps for 2010. not going through the hassle OBV is very tight, because if i want to surf with it hard plumbed i would need an additional 565lb ( direct fit, costs 249 each) or the 750lb for 149.00

Hope my ramblings made sense.

2007 Outback V
10-19-2009, 05:17 PM
jmvotto,

Thanks again for all the info. I think I'll go with the two v-drive sacs. I wish the GG sacs were less expensive, I would go with those. I am not an amazing wakeboarder, but I have been behind a 2007 MB wakesetter fully loaded and I was getting awesome air. I just don't want to have too little ballast. I have not been behind my boat yet, I just bought it and winterized it :(.