PDA

View Full Version : OIL Change

SanMarzano
08-28-2009, 11:48 AM
So Im finally going to do my own oil changes on my O7 outback V. I always did my own maintenance on my I/O's but I have a few questions............Do I have to run the engine first? I allways did with my IO cause I had a set of rabbit ears bit I dont have a hose plunger thingy for an inboard. I was planning to suck it out through the dipstick with my extractor...........Also any know the non penzoil oil filter numbers?? Fram Moble etc....

squeeg333
08-28-2009, 12:32 PM
Hey man, check out this posting. It's about winterization, but give you a good discription on how to change the oil. You'd want to get yourself a fake-a-lake if you don't do it soon after you come off an actual lake. You can do it cold, the extraction might take a little longer with cold oil though!!

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=6925

VA LSV
08-28-2009, 01:47 PM
Oil Filters
----------------
AC/Delco PF25
Castrol CM30
Fram PH30
Napa 1069
Pennzoil PZ3
Penske PN30
Purolator L20049
Motorcraft FL10
Quaker State QS30
WIX 51069

Waynes345
08-28-2009, 02:01 PM
So Im finally going to do my own oil changes on my O7 outback V. I always did my own maintenance on my I/O's but I have a few questions............Do I have to run the engine first? I allways did with my IO cause I had a set of rabbit ears bit I dont have a hose plunger thingy for an inboard. I was planning to suck it out through the dipstick with my extractor...........Also any know the non penzoil oil filter numbers?? Fram Moble etc....

If you are going to do any of yor own maintenance, sooner or later you are going to need the fake-a-lake. The oil always comes out easier warm. There is a thread on here for a home made version you can search for or you can order one from Skidim for $39.

http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=FAK01

mcdye
08-28-2009, 04:27 PM
do the search, i like and use the a short hose on the VDrive inlet..

brain_rinse
08-28-2009, 05:23 PM
do the search, i like and use the a short hose on the VDrive inlet..
Same here. Also it works a lot better to vacuum the oil out of the drain line rather than the dipstick.

Hillbilly
08-30-2009, 01:14 AM
Jay can I come watch you so I can do mine next? lol

SanMarzano
09-04-2009, 11:53 AM
jeff yea! Actually I think next time I take it out Im just going to do it in the parking lot after the day is over

Thanks everyone for the input