PDA

View Full Version : Lake Dale Hollow campground ?

moombadaze
08-27-2009, 03:24 PM
http://www.reserveamerica.com/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&parkId=71317

http://www.reserveamerica.com/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&parkId=71256

anybody ever stay at either one? if ya did what did you think?

thanks

jclevoy
08-28-2009, 09:37 PM
I have stayed at Lillydale before. I live about 15 minutes from Dale Hollow Lake. Lillydale is pretty nice, but unfortunately there was a pine beetle that came through several years ago and killed all the pine trees. There is not tons of shade now for many of the sites, but there aren't any pine-needles either. There are 2 sides, primitive and developed. If you can get one of the lakeside sites, you can anchor your boat right offshore. We stayed for a weekend last summer. It is on a nice section of the lake............but then all of the lake is nice. If you need further information, please feel free to ask more questions. Also, it is quite a ways from civilization, (about 30 minutes on a rather curvy road) so make sure to get all of your food etc before your arrival to the campground.

I know of the other campground, although I haven't stayed there. It is a little closer to a grocery, and also on a very nice stretch of the lake. It seems to be one of the more popular places for out-of-towners. Please ask more questions if you have them.

moombadaze
08-29-2009, 02:28 PM
Jason, thanks for the review

moombadaze
09-08-2009, 08:56 AM
Jason, do you know if there are hotels close to either campground? I know of a family that doesnt want to tent it.

Thanks again

skiyaker
09-16-2009, 08:57 PM
X2 on any hotel/resort recs? I'm planning on heading down mid June2010 (already put in for time off!) for 10 days and don't think the lady will want to rough it. Sulfur Creek marina is closest to us- anyone ever stay there? good for family with kids?

rvette
09-18-2009, 05:19 PM
skiyaker- stayed there a few years back. Pretty nice place, really like the restaurant when you didn't want to cook. They had a beach area for the kids but that is about all I saw for them. I think there are places a little more reasonable in price. Check Cedar Hill Resort also, it is about 10 miles south of Sulphur Creek.

Spicer318
09-18-2009, 05:38 PM
I started house boating on Dale Hollow six years ago and I plan on doing it every year for as long as I can. In the spring I go with a huge group from college (bowling green ski team, and Ohio University ski team). Not everyone is into house boating, but I do know there are a lot of marinas with large and small cabins that are reasonable. I have been out of Eastport, Sunset and Wisdom docks. You will Love it down there, I go twice a year now!

jclevoy
09-19-2009, 07:22 AM
Sorry for my delayed response. There really aren't any hotels that are decent in the area. However, there are several places on the lake where a family can rent a cabin. Several of the cabins are nice enough, and there are definitely some that are right on the lake and that have a boatslip that goes along with a cabin rental. Of the places that I have been on the lake, I think that I might try a cabin rental from Eagle Cove, or Willow Grove. Cedar Hill Resort is decent............There is a small restaurant and a pool for the kids if I recall correctly. Interestingly enough, Cedar Hill was owned by a friend of mine up until 2 or 3 years ago.

http://www.hollycreek.com/

jclevoy
09-19-2009, 07:29 AM
Jason, do you know if there are hotels close to either campground? I know of a family that doesnt want to tent it.

Thanks again

Not hotels, but Willow Grove Marina is right next to Lillydale, and they rent cabins.

moombadaze
09-19-2009, 06:51 PM
Jason, thanks for the info

mstovie
10-01-2009, 12:39 AM
I've camped at the dam campground. It is nice, clean, good sites. About 5 minutes from closest boat ramp. I've also camped at Obey campground. Also clean, smaller site though. Good thing is it is very close to Sunset Marina. very busy part of lake though. You can also launch your boat and anchor close to shore and leave it anchored over night as long as you're there. Nice for just cruising up for meals or breaks, swapping people, etc. Regardless of where you stay, you will absolutely love the water!