PDA

View Full Version : First Blood

skiyaker
08-26-2009, 09:40 PM
That's right- we had a bleeder on the boat today. We made it out to an empty lake with beautiful water with my wife, 2 boys, and a guest. On his first run our guest hit some unexpected chop (so he says) and took a pretty hard fall. He retrieved his ski and as he was climbing in my wife and I noticed that he had blood pouring down his face onto my beautiful boat. Like any good Moomba captain I quickly grabbed the nearest towel and used it first to wipe down the seats- then I gave it to our guest :D Thankfully the blood was worse than the laceration and he quit bleeding after just a few minutes. We were each able to get 3 slalom runs and 2 wakeboard runs in along with a nice lunch and of course a nap:cool:. My wife seemed kind of irritated that I used the towel to address the seats before giving it to our guest.

yearround
08-26-2009, 09:55 PM
completely acceptable behavior, i am sure you evaluated the situation, the rider was stable, not even aware of the injury, get the boat cleaned up, then you only got one towel dirty. if you would have helped the rider, then you would have needed another towel to clean the boat. i have done the same and received the same.

glad you had a good day on the water!

Reese350
08-27-2009, 05:52 AM
Too funny. Where do you boat down around Muncie? We used to live in Marion and boated at the Salomonie reservior.

kaneboats
08-27-2009, 10:44 AM
Reminds me of the time when I was in college I called my Dad to tell him I was in a car accident. He said, "Is the car OK?" I told him it was just caved in on one side and fixable. "OK, how about you?"

sandm
08-27-2009, 12:25 PM
i'd have done the same thing..
sad, but true :)

SEARK
08-27-2009, 04:35 PM
completely acceptable behavior, i am sure you evaluated the situation, the rider was stable, not even aware of the injury, get the boat cleaned up, then you only got one towel dirty. if you would have helped the rider, then you would have needed another towel to clean the boat. i have done the same and received the same.

Agree 100%. :D

skiyaker
08-27-2009, 06:43 PM
thanks for the support guys- I knew I could find it here; Reese we were indeed at Salamonie- my first time there. We usually go to Brookville Res. Here are some pics- that's right- my wife put the helmet on after the incident.

Mikey
08-27-2009, 09:06 PM
That cuts along way from the Heart, i probably would have done the same as well. Glad all is well and you got a good waterday in as well.

jester
08-29-2009, 07:26 PM
This sounds acceptable. There are a few questions to make sure it is. One: Is he breathing, Two: Can he get into the boat himself, Three: Does he understand when you yell at him saying he has gotten blood on the boat and to stand on the swim platform. If the answer is yes to one of the three then no problem.

Waynes345
08-29-2009, 09:41 PM
This sounds acceptable. There are a few questions to make sure it is. One: Is he breathing, Two: Can he get into the boat himself, Three: Does he understand when you yell at him saying he has gotten blood on the boat and to stand on the swim platform. If the answer is yes to one of the three then no problem.

You guys are COLD. That one cracked me up.

Sled491
08-29-2009, 10:26 PM
I'm not sure I see the problem here:)

moombadaze
08-30-2009, 03:34 PM
i keep rereading what happened and still dont understand what was wrong with the chain of events.

jester
08-30-2009, 05:20 PM
Waynes345, If you want to know somthing cold it is you have a wakeboarder doing there stuff when a girl in the boat is like we better make it to shore before i have an accedent. Driver "you can jump off the back when the wakeboarder crashes". Girl " This is an accendent that jumping in the water will not solve". Boat driver speeds up and heads to dock. Wakeboarder looks at driver thinking what is going on. Boat driver gets about 200 feet from dock and waves at wakeboarder then cuts it. Driver then yells to wakeboarder i will be back to pick you up after we drop this person off. Wakeboarder chills in water until girl gets dropped off dock with required personal items. Wakeboarder has time to sit in the water and still has no clue what is going on until the boat comes back. P.S. There where no other boats on the lake at all.