PDA

View Full Version : Boating DVDs

Guma
08-24-2009, 05:31 PM
I was in the West Marine store today drooling over all the "toys" I get to bey when we get our boat and came across a small DVD section. I saw a few boating DVDs and picked up a cheap one for $4.99. To say the least, I am glad I only paid $5 for the thing because it was pretty bad and it didn't cover anything except for how to dock, even though the list of items it said it was going to cover was much longer. I am guessing it may have been a 2 or 3 DVD set that got split up somehow.

So, I was wondering have you guys watched any boating DVDs that cover how to drive and safety tips that you would recommend?

I would like to find some for 2 reasons. One, to refresh my own memory before I get out on the water and second, to pass around to friends who will be going out with us and may possibly drive the boat. I am currently checking out Amazon to see what kind of selection they have listed.

moombadaze
08-24-2009, 07:03 PM
hit up u-tube, all kinds of boating stuff

Guma
08-24-2009, 07:56 PM
Did that, but I tend to get distracted watching all the videos of "boating idiots"...LOL

moombadaze
08-24-2009, 08:59 PM
know what ya talkin about there--some funny stuff.

kaneboats
08-25-2009, 08:46 AM
I think I have 3 boating DVD's they were giving away at the Atlanta Jam last year. I dont' think we ever even broke the seal on them. PM me your address and I'll mail 'em to you if I can find them. No guarantee on how good or silly they are though.

NCSUmoomba
08-25-2009, 10:12 AM
The first DVD of "The Book" series, "Getting Started" has some good tips for towing riders and such. Having everyone read the owners manual might help too.