PDA

View Full Version : Check Engine Light - anoying

bjames
08-24-2009, 12:58 PM
It seems that anytime the boat encounters choppy water, the check engine light will come on. The last few time this has happened the service department found the codes and fixed the problem. The problem have been loose spark plug boots, loose /or disconnected wireing connection and the last one from a few weeks ago was wiring from the exhaust manifold where another connection was loose. Now, the boat is back in the shop again for the same reason. This weekend the light came on for whatever reason. My question is do any of you have this problem with the eng light comming on so much. It has gotten to the point that everyting we take the boat out, everyone is crossing their fingers hoping that we can get through the day without something going wrong. To some releif all the problems I have had had been quite minor but really annoying having to take the boat in for service every 2 weeks.

bjames
08-28-2009, 12:01 PM
It turned out that the problem was a "network fault" code. this is the second time that this same code came up within a few week period. According to the work order, the cable and connectors were replace. So I am hoping things should be good now.

WadsworthSunsport22V
09-13-2009, 11:31 PM
It turned out that the problem was a "network fault" code. this is the second time that this same code came up within a few week period. According to the work order, the cable and connectors were replace. So I am hoping things should be good now.

I have an 07 Supra with the Indmar 340, and my check engine light has been coming on since day one of ownership. My ECM module has been swapped out, and last year the harmonic balancer was reseated. Last weekend, my light came back on.