PDA

View Full Version : Moomba customer service, what happenned?

08-24-2009, 12:51 PM
So I own an 08 XLV as many of you may know. boat is awesome,wake is awesome. But since we got the boat there have been a couple issues (Perfect pass still doesn't work propoerly after 3 different units) that were never resolved.

My dealer went to hell and gave me a lot of run around so i have been emailing SC direct (on 3 seperate occassions) and have yet to even get a response. Its getting harder and harder to recommend a Moomba to people with this type of service. Now about a month out of warranty, one of my ballast drain pumps has died.

Has anyone else experienced this? I gave SC ample time to respond but i sent another email today and thought I'd post up on here to see if any other board members were experienceing this?

Also I mailed in my survey last year and never got that cool welcome package everyone bragged about. Kinda lame in my opinion.

RickT
08-24-2009, 01:00 PM
My apologies. I will have someone within Customer service contact you today. rloucks@skierschoice will be in touch, if by chance he cannot locate your information from the website, please drop him a note. We should have taken care of this...

Rick Tinker

kaneboats
08-24-2009, 01:02 PM
Once you're in the club you get the president's ear. From what I've seen this kind of thing is rare and gets taken care of quickly.

08-24-2009, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the super fast response Rick, I went ahead and emailed that address too.

I sent my first email today to all 3 address's on the website but t got returned from 2 of them fyi:

Your message could not be delivered.

The recipient's computer rejected your e-mail.
Please verify the recipient's e-mail address and resend.

Recipient: <[email protected]>
Reason: 5.1.1 User unknown

Recipient: <[email protected]>
Reason: 5.1.1 User unknown

bjames
08-24-2009, 01:14 PM
Im not sure where you got your Moomba from, But I purchased mine from Martin Equipment in West Edmonton. I have had great service from them - even though my boat has been in for warranty work more often that it should (Its an 09 Mobious). But first hand I can say they are top knotch and run their operation a lot better than a lot of Auto Dealers around here IMO. Im sure they would help you out.

moombadaze
08-24-2009, 02:06 PM
Looking at the time stamps on the post's it took the President of Skiers choice 9 minutes to answer. Talk about service!

Ever heard of ANY boat manufacture doing that!

Yet another reason I will never think about another boat line.

fyi
ncarrera@skierschoice was Natalie who got laid off this spring-could be why no response from that one. We do miss her.:(

eddieb
08-24-2009, 02:34 PM
Hey Rick,
Since you replied here so quick, I thought I'd ask you a question.

I have a 2002 Outback LS. The dealer fixed the cracks in the jell coat in 2003. They have come back and more. Why do your boats tend to have some manny issues with cracking? I have ownwd other boats and never had a single crack in the jell coat.
Other than that I love my Moomba.

RickT
08-25-2009, 11:20 AM
Eddie, I sent you a PM.

Rick

jmvotto
08-25-2009, 12:54 PM
Rick, I've had great responses from rob Louckes and anthony cooper in the past reagrding questions. ( nothing to do with warranty stuff either)Not only by e-mail but follow up phone calls

The reason we own a moomba;) and its a great boat( of course)

Thanks

tazz3069
08-25-2009, 07:33 PM
Hey Rick nice to see the big people on hear. Goes to show you that SC really cares about their product. I came across this link https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=9076

Can you see what you can do to help her out. Sounds like they took advantage of her female status.

Thanks in advance
Tazz

Sled491
08-26-2009, 04:21 PM
501, looks like Rick took care of you, but to be honest I would have called PP direct. They are a Canadian Co. and from what I've heard are familiar with there own problems and are usually quick to send out solutions.

08-28-2009, 12:07 PM
FYI, the issues have not been dealt with "yet", they are still in the process.

Sled491, I also replaced my PP module myself 3 times with units shipped to me directly from PP. After 3 modules, I got kind of fed up. They "claimed" that the units were going because of Moomba's high volatge starters (whish is true) and I asked "why not put a Voltage Regulator" on the PP board but they told me directly that it was a different issue. Out of curiosity I opened up the modules and guess what i found.... a voltage regulator soldered to the board to fix the problem.

I've considered upgrading to Stargazer but it seems like there should be no need to upgrade on a NEw boat so I am just living with the issues for now.

Mikey
08-28-2009, 10:18 PM
I went through 2 units and now so far so good. Good luck. I had mine crap out on me last yr on holidays at the lake and PP sent both by rush courier to were i was at . That i thought was pretty good service. Hopefully yours works out as well.

Sled491
08-29-2009, 10:46 PM
501, man I sorry for your grief. I know it's getting to the end of the season and you don't want to go out like this. I hope all works out.

spyder
09-07-2009, 09:46 AM
I agree, 1 of their email addresses bounces back and the other gets no response.

09-11-2009, 11:59 AM
FYI, after the call from S.C., I was told they would call me within a day to let me know if they could send me the one part I need for my tower that is defective. That was like 2 weeks ago and still no response.

I'm also suppossed to deal with Martin now on warranty issues after the boat is out of warranty since Mobius marine went under. With so little time left this season I'm not to excited about leaving my boat 200km away for repairs I can do in 20 minutes.

compact
09-11-2009, 09:55 PM
I guess as this topic is open for discussion, ill put in my own experience as well...

I bought my Mobius LS brand new in 2005, and had some warranty issues that were required to be looked at for warranty repair. Firstly, i had a small (< 0.5") crack in my observer's seat that appeared about less than a year after picking up the boat, and after complaining to my dealer, which chose not to do anything but to put some silicone on it, which looks even worse now imo, i then emailed SC which i got no response back. I then decided to call customer service directly at SC, and spoke with a gentleman who researched a little more into the matter for me, and who then decided to get me a new seat, which i was thrilled about. After awaiting 3 weeks from the last time we spoke, thinking the package might have been on back order, i found out that, the person no longer worked there, and had the job only as a "summer job". A big dissapointment! :( I now regret to say that i still have the same seat with the same crack, and no response or help from anyone.:(

It's not about a seat that maybe costs a couple hundred dollars, its all about the principle, and the appreciation for customers imo.

spoon03
09-12-2009, 10:22 AM
hey rick,
i just bought an 09 OBV. love the boat. have had some warranty issues, but my dealer was on top of it.

how about one of those welcome packages? never received one. how do i go about getting one?

fastlx
09-12-2009, 10:31 AM
Yeah, I have had my brand new boat for almost a year, no welcome package here either:(

dtlaine
09-12-2009, 02:55 PM
Yeah, I have had my brand new boat for almost a year, no welcome package here either:(

I didn't get one either. I even ran into a SC rep @ the Tampa boat show last year, and he took my info to send one to me. I still haven't received one.

sandm
09-12-2009, 05:52 PM
^^I'm going to have to second that.

jmvotto
09-13-2009, 06:50 AM
i have a couple of the stickers, liscence plate was sent to another moomba owner. towel stays with me.;)

pm if interested

dtlaine
09-13-2009, 02:03 PM
MY boats gonna be a year old next month.

I didn't get a welcome package either, nor do I care if I get one or not....but I do have a helluva boat.

I don't really care much about the package, but I thought it was pretty bad that the guy took my info, said he'd send a package, and then I never got one. I am a district manager for American Honda, and I know that if I promise a customer at a consumer show a Honda sticker or t-shirt or whatever, I'm going to send it to them.

I agree that I got a helluva a boat, and I really like my boat and dealer. Neither are perfect, but I'm pleased. I don't need a towel, license plate, or anything else. It's just the principle.

dtlaine
09-13-2009, 04:28 PM
I don't recall the gentleman's name. I purchased my boat in Dec 2007; and I received, completed, and returned the survey shortly thereafter.

I was at the Tampa boat show last Sept, and while checking the display out, I was approached by an SC employee (I don't think he was a dealer employee). He asked if I had any questions, and I told him I recently purchased a 2007 OB V. He asked how I liked it, and I told him it was great. I jokingly said that my only disappointment was that I didn't get the goodie bag. He took my name and address, and told me to expect the package.

Whatever. It's no big deal. I have lots of towels, and I have the license plates from my previous boat. I only chimed in because the subject was on the table in this thread.

eseebeck
09-16-2009, 11:24 AM
Being a business owner, I can see both sides of the coin. With the economy in the trash, people are trying to do more with less resources. SC is no different, with Nat gone, others are picking up the slack. the dealers have the same issues, laying people off, and adjusting responsibilities.

It is unfortunate, but it is a sign of the times. Perhaps Pres. Obama could stimulate the marine industry and everyone from manufactures to dealers could put eveyone back to work. and everything would be wonderful. Sorry, don't want to start a political thread just vented a tad.

zegm
09-16-2009, 12:54 PM
Hey you have an idea there!

I am going to call my Congressman.

Cash for Sunkers!

Wait that won't work, I sold the sunker and bought an 08 Moomba and she isn't going anywhere!

09-16-2009, 03:47 PM
You can't blame the economy for everything.

People still spent between 40 and 50k on a new MOOMBA boat and filled out the customer survey (to help out S.C.) and are excited to get the Moomba gear (Advertising for Moomba) as an incentive. How much money or how hard is it to send these packages out?

I know I was dissappointed to not get one. It's a minor detail f course but one that set SC apart and ahead of the pack.... at least it used too.

P.S. Still no phone call back.....