PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Throttle

Barto
08-21-2009, 05:51 PM
I'm having trouble getting a good answer about how the throttle is set up on a 2006 Mobius LSV with an Assault 325. Is the throttle from the cockpit either cable or electronic in 2006. If it's cable does it have the electronic throttle at the motor? If anyone knows for sure, a good answer would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Barto

mnpracing
08-21-2009, 07:00 PM
I have an 06 outback V and here is how mine is set up. I would guess the LSV is the same, but I don't know that for sure.

For model year 06, Indmar went to drive by wire throttle but Moomba did not. So there are cables from the throttle handle back to the motor ECM. The cables attached to the "throttlemate" which is the DBW interface to the motor. In 07, Moomba moved the Throttlemate to the throttle handle, then wires go from there back to the motor ECM.

I found all this out when I was ordering and installing my perfectpass stargazer. It took a few calls with both PP and Skier's choice to get it all figured out so that I got the right parts from PerfectPass.

Hope this helps.

mustangairchair
08-23-2009, 10:09 PM
no it has a cable and no ecectric motor did not have drive by wire in 06

mnpracing
08-24-2009, 02:32 PM
Mustangairchair, my 06 OBV with the 325 is setup as I describe above. Maybe it wasn't done on the LSV, but I can't imagine they'd be different. Are you saying the 06 LSV has totally mechanical throttle body (the cable opens and closes the throttle body)? This motor stuff is confusing to me...:confused: