PDA

View Full Version : 2010 supra dash

jasonba1
08-20-2009, 11:26 AM
Here is a link to the new 2010 supra dash. Looks pretty cool

http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=2406

guinsha54
08-20-2009, 11:41 AM
Pretty sweet! Wonder how long it will take to get that on the Moomba Boats.

SEARK
08-20-2009, 12:06 PM
Nice. Wonder if the price will increase a lot with that new system?

kaneboats
08-20-2009, 12:16 PM
I hate stuff like that. Hope we never see it on Moombas. One little thing goes out and you lose everything. I don't even like the DVD/TV combos. Keep it simple for me.

sandm
08-20-2009, 12:32 PM
meh, I'm not real crazy about it.

something tells me that may make it more difficult to just throw a 750 in the rear locker and ride...

moombadaze
08-20-2009, 02:00 PM
Really. Really hate to say this but. It reminds me of the dash from a late 80's bayliner. Now I will say this, we had a 1989 17' bayliner with the force outboard and really for the 7 yrs we had it, it was trouble free, but I replaced most of the gauge's with round needle style gauge's.

NCSUmoomba
08-20-2009, 02:28 PM
So uneccessary. I also hope we never see this on Moomba, that is not what Moomba is about. If you want one of these, then buy a Supra.

Hoopskier
08-20-2009, 03:13 PM
What happen do the days of keys and speedometers? I like the new features of modern boats EFI, cruise, reliability. This dash would be to much for me. My vote is no.

This dash also reminds me of some cars in the 80's that had digital dash gauges.

jester
08-20-2009, 04:56 PM
I hate stuff like that. Hope we never see it on Moombas. One little thing goes out and you lose everything. I don't even like the DVD/TV combos. Keep it simple for me.

I agree 100%. The system will lockup one time and you will be sitting in the middle of the lake and not be able to do anything or even start your boat. I have had my PP system lock up and all i need to do is unplug it and i can keep going. Also it looks like a game. So i am in technology and a friend game me their IPhone (the one thing that will never lock up is what they say) and within 5 min i had it locked up and they had to wait for the battery to die before they could use their phone again. The reset thing they have would not even work.

Note to SC is that if you want a real improvment people will love it would be a better gas gauge so i know the real amount of gas i have left and not this game system that might look cool to some people but when it breaks makes my boat useless.

tazz3069
08-21-2009, 12:11 AM
I agree. What a waste of time and money. 3 years and this is what they came up with. I would rather see hard tanks than a cartoon screen. I do not like it.
It said that it monitors the water in the sacks with the wake plate. How can it do that correctly. Timing is the only way. What if the timing is off. The gauge could say 100% full when it might be 100% Port, 85% starboard and 94% bow. Just my two cents. Kind of disappointed with what is new for the boats. Again, I would rather see hard tanks and a better cooler.
Tazz

NAW
08-21-2009, 10:27 AM
Hey guys, glad to see some feedback on the system. I have spent a ton of time messing with the training CD and have not been able to find a 'downside' or flaw in the sytem. We were just discussing this over on Wakeworld, and rather than retype everything, I'll just cut and paste.

"There's another player besides Medallion, the company is called Murphy. Murphy does the Correct Craft and Supra systems. Although they use the same housing and similar displays, the software, capabilities and scope of what the system can do are different for the two brands.

Interesting enough, MC sought the Murphy system, but in the end had to use the Medallion system for various reasons.

Even though all the 'big guys' are using and LCD screen, they are very different and unique systems. As mentioned in the article on the front page, the Supra V.I.S.I.O.N. system is the only one that combines ballast monitoring and control; speed-based automatic Smart Plate control; Zero Off GPS cruise; full GPS chart plotting with depth contours; a true iPod interface with a dedicated multimedia page; automatic speed-based stereo volume control; full engine diagnostics with code descriptions; dedicated day- and night-mode viewing.

Oh, and the best part about the system....lets say the display goes blank, it catches on fire, it is sabotaged by an IED or it fails. In Supra's, you can still run your boat just fine. Fill the ballast with the exisiting switches at the helm, adjust the wakeplate with the existing lever on the steering column, jam the tunes from the stereo in the glovebox, maintain speed by using your throttle. System dies, you still boat for the rest of the day.

There are 5 manufacturers using 5 different systems, by 2 different companies. However, they are all very different. "

So, as you can see, you cannot be 'stranded' in the middle of the lake and the display is much, much more than a 'cartoon'.

But, don't take my word for it, get to your dealer or boat show and spend some time working with it.

kaneboats
08-21-2009, 10:48 AM
The first step is to make it an add on that just monitors everything and gives feedback. In another generation or two it will be impossible to run without it. Mark my words. Remember Windows 3.1? It was a cute program for organizing stuff.

tweeners_08
08-21-2009, 12:52 PM
Its just like malibu"s maliview

KTM525
08-23-2009, 09:08 AM
any 2010 Moomba news available?

tazz3069
08-23-2009, 09:31 AM
Well if Supra is coming out with a useless dash them Moomba might come out with a docking station for laptops or maybe a powered drivers seat.

They should focus on the more important things. HARD TANKS. Yah the bags are ok. The major down fall is that you loose all or the majority of your space in the rear lockers. One time we were wakeboarding and I had to drain one of the tanks just to remove my sons helmet. Then we had to wait for the bags to fill again. I have had a few people stub their toes on the center ski locker. When the bag is full, the lid and little handle pop up. To fix this, I need to let water out, which means less weight in the boat. I say that SC focus on a way to put hard tanks in the line of boats. Or even make it an option to have either built in hard tanks or the bags. Just my two cents. It may seem like I do not like my boat. That is not the case at all. My family and I really love and enjoy the boat, especially after all the mods I have done to it. It has enough power and room for us. I just dislike the bag system. In the beginning, I did not mind the bags. Now that my sons is getting more advanced and we hang with a bigger crew, I wish I had tanks. More room for storage.

skiyaker
08-23-2009, 09:44 AM
I've never really been on a boat with tanks but the mastercraft I looked at had tanks in the rear compartments- it seemed like they would take up storage room whether they're filled or not whereas the bags definitely decrease storage room but only when they're filled. Do most boats with tanks have them down in the hull where they don't affect storage?

Cloudy day in Indiana- gotta get out anyway. Have new liquid force wakeboard to break in.

tazz3069
08-23-2009, 10:09 AM
Yes. I have friends with a Malibu and a Ceturion. Both boats have tanks. They have as much room as I have in my LSV with no bags. Once bags are filled, I need to remove almost everything from the rear lockers just to fill the bags. If we go out on an all day water trip, we have a good size ice chest, maybe two, dry storage, snacks and stuff, towels. That stuff take up lots of room in our boat. Now if we have another couple with us, all that stuff x's 2. Now bags are filled and all that stuff comes out of the lockers and in the boat. Now no room in the boat. With tanks, that stuff can stay in the lockers and give plenty of rrom for the crew.

Sharpie647
08-29-2009, 02:39 PM
Any body see the 2010 supra on ebay? Who's gonna put up the cash and test the new dash for themselves???

jester
08-29-2009, 07:13 PM
I will wait until my local dealer has one so i can go in and test drive it then break the new computer system.

Sled491
08-29-2009, 10:44 PM
I'm not against it, I just don't see it making it to Moomba. There already so many things Supra has that Moomba doesn't. The intergrated PP/wakeplate system is one that comes to mind.

The old "this will leave you standed" line is bunk! When snowmobiles came out with EFI everyone said the same thing. I ordered one of the first ones. Rode the track off it, sold it to a buddy who still rides it today. What about EFI in Outboards? I can go on. This is there first kick at the can. I'm sure in years it will evolve.

Don't get me wrong, Tazz has some good points. It's like why were continue to get all this new stuff for our cell phones, yet I still get dropped calls every day?

germa001
08-31-2009, 12:21 AM
I'm with sled on this one. I don't see it coming to moomba any time soon but that's not what moomba's are about. supra on the other hand has to be able to match what mc and malibu are putting out. It's not going to make you a better wakeboarder or skier but It will add a little flare to your boat if that's what you want.

I like the EFI analogy. we bought our bass boat right when the EFI outboards were coming out and everyone was saying they're just gonna cause you problems down the road. needless to say we didn't get the EFI and darn if we aren't kicking ourselves now.

tazz3069
08-31-2009, 07:44 AM
It's like why were continue to get all this new stuff for our cell phones, yet I still get dropped calls every day?

Good point. I have a cell phone that is so advanced. I get internet, emails, Up to the minute news, and I still get dropped calls. And yes, I paid big bucks for the phone with a two year contract.

jester
08-31-2009, 01:25 PM
With cell phones they do not want to look at the dropped call issue since that does not make them more money. Putting out cell phones that do more then the last cell phone makes them a lot of money. No one likes taking a step back and going what is something that really needs to be fixed. I know with boats a lot of people in the hotter states are having issues with vapor lock. What is being done to fix this issue?

Sled491
08-31-2009, 06:51 PM
With cell phones they do not want to look at the dropped call issue since that does not make them more money. Putting out cell phones that do more then the last cell phone makes them a lot of money. No one likes taking a step back and going what is something that really needs to be fixed. I know with boats a lot of people in the hotter states are having issues with vapor lock. What is being done to fix this issue?

Jester, good point. It has been said that the competition has already put all kinds of R&d into this problem and have a new fuel pump. Our fix is splashing cold water on the pump. We also need to recognize that the other 3 have this new dash system. And at the end of the day, at this winters boat show, if they don't show the bling they won't get the early orders that carry them through the year.

NAW
09-01-2009, 11:08 AM
Yes, there is a new fuel pump for 2010 that is now located in the fuel tank to all but eliminate instances of Vapor Lock.