PDA

View Full Version : How long can gas sit

jester
08-19-2009, 04:44 PM
So it looks like i will not be on the water for about 4 weeks :( and i wanted to know how long i can have the gas sit in the boat before i need to add a fuel stabilizer. The gas is 10% eth because that is the only stuff i can buy. the gas is also a 91, 89 oct mix. I have almost 3/4 tank of gas right now.

mmandley
08-19-2009, 05:16 PM
No water for 4 weeks? What gives man? Out season is over at the end of Sept.

I have let gas sit in my cars for a few months and they started and ran just fine man.

In the off season i only fill my truck up once a month. All i go is to work and back and thats still less then 300 miles a month. Never had a problem as long as its good gas.

You should be fine for a month since its not rainy season. During out constant light rains id use the stabil to keep any condensation from building up.

sandm
08-19-2009, 06:30 PM
good advice. over a month, I'd add something. might want to consider filling the beast all the way up to the tiptop if it's going to be over a month. less airspace, less condensation.

jester
08-19-2009, 07:02 PM
Mike, I am flying to Mississippi this weekend for a week then i am working the next week and weekend then i am working the next week and weekend. Way too much work going on during the summer. I am planning on wakeboarding until the weather gets too cold and i have to put the boat away for the winter so she does not freeze. I am thinking Nov or Dec but we will see.

Also 4 weeks will be MAX!!!! After that i might go crazy from not being on the water. It is 100* out today and i am stuck in the office.

mmandley
08-25-2009, 03:03 PM
Wow Nov Dec? Thats pretty cold water man LOL. Well we are planning on Oct putting the boat in the garage for the winter.

If you do go out later then that holla if you need a 3rd or 4th or what ever. Id make the drive down with some extra gas money to get out. I dont care about how cold it is LOL. Claudia wont go near the water after the temps go below 70 LOL.