08-19-2009, 10:47 AM
I have a 2008 outback v that I bought this spring. I was
going to build a garage for it and wanted to know how tall
the door needed to be without taking the boat out of the
water and measuring it. Can I do a 7 foot door or do I need
to go 8. Thanks. Tom

jester
08-19-2009, 11:15 AM
Do you have a tower? My 08 OBV sits just below 10 feet with the tower up. With the tower down i can get into a normal garage door. Dropping the tower takes two people to do and is a pain to do.

Also i would always build bigger for two reasons. One is that a little extra room never hurts you. two is things change down the road and having to rebuild or change is more of a pain. Spend the extra money now to save yourself in the long run.

tnovak
08-19-2009, 01:57 PM
I do have a tower. I'm sure that I will have to lower the
tower to get it in, but I will only have to do that once a
year. I agree with going bigger. That is what I was
planning to do. Thanks. Tom

yearround
08-19-2009, 04:17 PM
we store our lsv in the garage, tower goes up and down avg 2x week march to october. no problem putting up and down solo.

we have a 9' wide x 8' high door. may fit in a 7' door, but the 8' is much easier, no worries going in and out. width is sometimes tight on the sides.

jester
08-19-2009, 04:24 PM
yearround, I think the LSV tower folds into the boat where the OBV tower folds into the bow. If you are folding down the tower and have a tower mirror make sure you remove the mirror before folding down the tower or it will hit on the boat and rub. Something that i found out the hard way.

yearround
08-20-2009, 08:25 AM
jester, oops, i thought they all folded into the boat. i see why it takes two to fold to the front. would that also be why some people get the quick release mirror?

wolfeman131
08-20-2009, 03:49 PM
jester, oops, i thought they all folded into the boat. i see why it takes two to fold to the front. would that also be why some people get the quick release mirror?

I have the same boat as Jester, and I wish I had a quick release mirror arm for the rare occassion that I want to drop the tower forward. When we go under a bridge on our lake, my wife has to sit on the bow holding the tower on her lap to keep the mirror arm off the boat.

moombadaze
08-20-2009, 03:57 PM
build the garage to fit a xlv--someday you may upgrade-you just never know, anything else will fit no problemo

Drew--monster tower arm with quick release-only way to go.

jester
08-20-2009, 04:47 PM
I do like the look of my tower mirror but for that few times a year a quick release would be great. Also watch out on dropping the tower with the cover on. That means no one can stand in the boat so make sure you are ready to go with the mirror off. if the mirror is still on and you drop it like the first time i did you will have someone holding the tower as you scramble to get hte mirror off. Did i forget to say that the took kit for the boat was in the boat under the cover. Putting the cover on after the tower is dropped is also a pain. Solution to the tower pain is build a building so you never have to drop the tower.

moombadaze
08-20-2009, 05:38 PM
One other thing is that when we are not pulling someone we take the mirror off--visibility forward is just so improved when sitting on the flip up seat in the up position.

jester
08-20-2009, 08:42 PM
I had the same problem but an easy fix is to just move the mirror up to a higher point on the tower and problem solved.