PDA

View Full Version : Speedometer problems

4fish4
08-18-2009, 05:20 PM
My speedometer works only part of the time...Same goes for my perfect pass (no speed indicated). I have a moomba mobius lsv 2007, with this on and off problem do have to change my speed sensor ??? ( airmar st300 ) ?????? And is this a current problem ??....Thank you

NCSUmoomba
08-20-2009, 02:36 PM
Your speedometer paddlewheel could be sticking. Look under the boat on the trailer and flick the paddlewheel and see how it responds. If it drags a bit, it may need to be lubricated or replaced.

4fish4
08-20-2009, 05:11 PM
paddle works great.... but like i said the speedometer works on and off...might work today and not tomorrow...

gcnettl
08-21-2009, 04:41 PM
The speedometer is separate from the perfect pass speed pickup. If you flick the paddlewheel with ignition and perfect pass display up, then your display should read around 7 mph or so with an adequate flick.

The speedometer has its own pickup, and uses pressure exerted by the water to determine speed.

For help with perfect pass, I would contact perfect pass if unable to resolve the matter. They are highly knowledgeable about their product line and are happy to help you out.