PDA

View Full Version : Igloo ice cooler

mnpracing
08-17-2009, 06:55 PM
I remember seeing a thread where someone mentioned that an Igloo Ice Cube cooler fit well in the storage compartment on a V-drive. My question is, what size Ice Cube did you get? They have the 70 qt, which I think is too tall, the 60 and the 48/50 qt. I think the 60 will fit, but I'm not sure how tight it would be to open the lid.

Thanks

SC_LSV
08-17-2009, 09:52 PM
I was one of the ppl posting about the cube cooler. I have the 60 qt. fits fine in the locker in front of the stock 400 lbs bag in my 06 LSV. With the lid up you can open the top or you can just pop the lid off very easily.

jmvotto
08-18-2009, 07:25 AM
I can fit two maybe three in each compartment , without sacs and a lot of stuff. we only bring two though, one with drinks the other with snacks and sandwiches. notice the pop up lid

http://www.target.com/Igloo-Hard-Liner-Cooler-Black/dp/B000F6SHVI/sr=1-1/qid=1250594520/ref=sr_1_1/189-9232963-6638852?ie=UTF8&search-alias=tgt-index&frombrowse=0&index=target&rh=k%3Aigloo%20coolers&page=1

Bcoutsfly
08-19-2009, 11:08 AM
Has anyone had a problem with the built in cooler not draining? Has anyone ever mentioned that the cooler sucks?

Razzman
08-19-2009, 11:39 AM
Has anyone had a problem with the built in cooler not draining? Has anyone ever mentioned that the cooler sucks?

Many times, your not the only one with this opinon believe me.!

There are a few issues to look for with the cooler;

1) Look underneath and see if the hose is kinked closed. The drain is so close to the carpet that it touches and can close off. Mine did it and i had to remove the drain fitting and place a rubber washer under the head and reinstall, lifting it off the carpet for it to work.

2) Clogged, if you have a compressor blow air into the drain to clear. NOTE: ONLY after you've checked #1!

Copen80
08-19-2009, 04:24 PM
Has anybody removed and replaced the cooler with an aftermarket option-if there is such an option?

jester
08-19-2009, 04:31 PM
The build in cooler makes a great shoe locker. Some people have removed the build in locker to add another bag or some people have wrapped the cooler to help it stay colder longer. i do not think someone has removed the cooler to add another cooler in its place.

jmvotto
08-19-2009, 09:35 PM
Bcoutsfly, mine was never drilled through the floor, they forgot the drain pipe.. dealer fixed no problem.

Can you see carpet ?? then thats your problem.

the only reason i know this is i tried to clean it and it would not drain.
i use it to store coozies and a first aid kit.

tazz3069
08-19-2009, 09:45 PM
I agree about the cooler. It the worst thing that Moomba did to their boats. They should have insulated it to make it a cooler. I use mine for a shoe locker. I tried to wrap it and it did not work. I wanted to make a mold and surround it with expand foam. It would have been too messy. So instead of racking my brain, i left it alone and store my shoe in there. It works great.
Tazz