PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Air Exhaust (FAE) install

98outback
08-17-2009, 11:37 AM
I Just purchased my fresh air exhaust with the quick releases for my 2003 supra launch SSV. I have read a lot of post about peoples installs and can also tell that it doesn't look to hard. My exhaust should be here Thursday so I am going to install it before the weekend.

If you have one and installed it yourself is there anything you would do different if you had to do it again? Possibly something that makes it easier to install or just a different method. I am thinking about threading the holes in the platform brackets to attach the square support tube to. Someone else on here did it that way.

maxpower220
08-17-2009, 04:22 PM
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=6631&highlight=install

Here is the link. It has been almost a year since the install and I have had no problems at all. None of the bolts have moved.
Good luck with the install.

MI-LSV
08-17-2009, 04:28 PM
I installed mine with the Quick Release. Important thing is to lube the screws that go into the quick release tubes. Also does not hurt to run a tap or rethreader through first. I did not do this on the first one and had to get a new tube and screw. Common problem with stainless weld nuts.

Hydrofoiljunky
08-18-2009, 03:16 PM
Not to Hijack this thread but does Installing a FAE Yourself void your warranty in anyway?
Thanks in advance.

Chad

maxpower220
08-18-2009, 10:56 PM
No, it does not.