PDA

View Full Version : I'm New Here, Any Help Would Be Great!!!

Buck02LS
08-16-2009, 09:38 AM
Hey what’s up everybody… so yeah I’m new to the Moomba world, well new to the boating world to I guess lol just got my first boat. It’s a 02 Mobius LS. I got a good deal on it (or at least I think I did lol) it needs a little work but nothing too bad I hope. For sure it needs all new vinyl and some little cosmetic things on the interior.

Dose anyone out there have this boat? What can you tell me about it, the goods the bad and what you like or dislike about the boat…?

The guy who had it before said he put in custom fit ballast for the ski locker in the floor and another one in the back under the seat. About 500lbs. Has anyone added more and where did you put them? About how much weight can you put in ballast in the boat and still be safe?

Looking for a new prop… any recommendations?

Can I put a wake plate on this boat? How much dose that cost?

How much dose it help to have PerfectPass? How much does it cost to get one installed?

Thinking about getting a wrap for the boat…or just going naked… what’s your thoughts on them? Do they last? And what do they cost? And for install?

Also looking to add some more and new upgraded sound system… any recommendations?

I know I have a lot of questions here, if you can help me out with some ideas and pointers I would greatly appreciate it. If not it’s all good, no worries thanks anyways!

Also if anyone has any pictures they can share with me of with this boat or similar boat that would be great!!!!

Thanks!

C,

Buck02LS
08-16-2009, 12:38 PM
cool man thanks! i do some looking around and see what i can't find...
another quest for ya, how do you post pictures on here?
and is there any one from Texas on here???

tazz3069
08-16-2009, 10:47 PM
In regards to the prop, goto www.boarditup.com I did. these guys are awesome. They asked all sorts of questions about the boat, weight, everything. They sent me my prop and could not be happier. Two years later, the prop is still on, and I am still very happy with the performance.

Sled491
08-17-2009, 09:00 AM
1st welcome to the family:)

2nd there are plenty guys from Texas on the boards, just not me

3rd, go to moomba modfications, there is just thread after thread on steroes for sure. I have a half wrap and love it. Mine was not exactely installed correctly so I have had some small issues, but basically it's aswum. The wraps have gotten kind of spendy, so to each his own (about 3000.00). Prop info can come from OJ and Acme direct if you want to give them a call and both companies know your boat. I run almost 2000lbs and I have a regular Outback which is a smaller boat than yours, it's just a matter of how you want to run it. Exposed or hidden. Wake plate can be added, and again there are threads on it.

PP is about a grand, but as your boat is not DBW it will be dificult to add. However from those of us who have it, it is awsum.

Buck02LS
08-19-2009, 01:41 PM
ok so I got a few pictures of the boat, the inside needs a little work but over all for a first boat and one hell of a price I think it will work out great!

Buck02LS
08-19-2009, 01:45 PM
one more pic...

Buck02LS
08-19-2009, 03:12 PM
i have a 02 Mobios LS, I need the correct Measurements of the swim platform....???

I would go get the Measurements off the boat myself but i'm in Iraq and the boat is at my mom's house and she don't know how to read a tape... lol

thanks!

Sled491
08-19-2009, 11:05 PM
Love the color, why do you need the platform size? It is about 2 ft by 7 ft 6. If your going to get rid of that nasty black pad there is only one way to go, Sea Dek, check out the threads.

Buck02LS
08-20-2009, 01:13 AM
Yeah that's what i'm trying to do is order a new SeaDek from Chuck… but he need to size of it… and I don’t know, hell I’ve never even seen my own boat… haha

Sled491
08-20-2009, 09:22 AM
Wow, I just asumed that they would be the same size as new ones. I mean when I ordered mine for my 07 he just made it and sent it. Only thing I had to decide was what colour:)

Buck02LS
08-20-2009, 10:18 AM
yeah that's what i was thinking...:confused: but he's asking me for the size because he says a lot of them are different...