PDA

View Full Version : New Member Introduction

jclevoy
08-13-2009, 11:03 AM
Hey Guys and Gals........

I just wanted to take a quick second and introduce myself. I am new to Moomba, and the moomba boards. I am 37 years old, married, and I have 2 kids ages 5 & 6. I grew-up with Mastercraft Prostar 190s, learning to barefoot, slalom, and just a little wakeboarding. (that was back in the days when the wakeboarding was just becoming popular) I figured that it was time to get rid of the pontoon, and get a boat for the kids.

I just purchased this boat the day before yesterday. It is a 2007 Mobius LSV, it has 70hrs, and the pictures just don't do the color justice. It is black and sandstone and looks absolutely FANTABULOUS. The best part is.........I got an UNBELIEVABLE deal on it.

We have basically no gear other than a tube, and a double-high wrap slalom ski from the '80s. Any advice on gear or anything else would be greatly appreciated.

Jason

(sorry, this is my blackberry picture, and I haven't gotten a better one yet)
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u295/jcelevoy/Misc/NewMobius_2.jpg

wolfeman131
08-13-2009, 11:11 AM
Jason - looks great!

Welcome & check around at the end of the season for some good deals on the gear.

Sled491
08-13-2009, 11:42 AM
Hey man welcome to the family. Your gonna love that boat.:)

Equipment, what you looking for. Stuff to start the kids? Some surfing? Let us know, there are no shortage of hooked up guys here.

Second where you located, might help for some local hook ups.

jclevoy
08-13-2009, 12:12 PM
I need:

A wakeboard for the kids, one for me, and one for my wife.

At least 1 Wake surfboard.

A couple good ropes.

brain_rinse
08-13-2009, 12:18 PM
I need:

A wakeboard for the kids, one for me, and one for my wife.

At least 1 Wake surfboard.

A couple good ropes.

I watch for deals on these sites. Some deals are marginal, some are unbelievable. In the next month they'll be closing out 09 gear, so I'd watch closely. Welcome!

www.redtagsports.com
www.anothersmokindeal.com
www.boardersbestbuy.com
www.dealadaywake.com
www.whiskeymilitia.com

Also give Grizzly Sports a shot if you don't see deals on gear you want. They have a store on ebay or you can call and they'll straight hook you up. Customer Svc is top notch as well.

sandm
08-13-2009, 12:34 PM
welcome and enjoy....

Sled491
08-13-2009, 12:36 PM
I found a great Liquid Force board that my wife and 9 yr old son both use on craigs list. Found a good surf board here on these boards, but never count out Ebay!

skiyaker
08-13-2009, 12:58 PM
great looking boat
also try www.the-house.com
and www.closeoutdude.com

where ya from?

moombadaze
08-13-2009, 01:17 PM
Welcome to the moomba boards--ask any question and it will get answered 10fold.

Great boat you picked up--it will do everthing.

kaneboats
08-13-2009, 01:28 PM
Congrats! Be sure to post your location. You can make great similar-minded friends on here. Quality group to get to know. Enjoy!

jester
08-13-2009, 01:48 PM
Welcome to the family. You are just now getting into a great group of people. I am looking forward to seeing more pic's of your boat.

jclevoy
08-13-2009, 02:54 PM
Congrats! Be sure to post your location. You can make great similar-minded friends on here. Quality group to get to know. Enjoy!

I am VERY fortunate. I live a 25 minute drive from Dale Hollow Lake in Tennessee. We are out on the water 2-4x per week. One of the guys I work with has a Mobius LSV (2006), and one of the others has a Supra 21V. Between the 3 of us, we are out on the water a pretty good amount of time. Dale Hollow Lake is one of the best in the southeast.

moombadaze
08-13-2009, 03:42 PM
I live a 25 minute drive from Dale Hollow Lake in Tennessee. .

Next summer-July/August- Some of us from the south and some from up north are making plans to meet on Dale Hollow if everthing works out.

nofinni_09xlv
08-13-2009, 07:22 PM
Hello All,

I too am a new Moomba XLV owner. We are luving the boat. When I boat the I talk my wife into buying the boat I told her we weren't buying a boat but buying "Memories". Went the next day and picked it up!! I have 2 boys 7 and 11. My 11yr old isn't happy unless he's going 100mph and his hair on fire so he's luving it!! Any wakesurfing tips on wave set up would be appreciated. Enjoy your boat

Shaun

tazz3069
08-13-2009, 08:22 PM
Welcome new members. You are now a part of a very big and fast growing family. No matter where we live or what we do, we will always be here if you have any questions. Have fun with the new toys.

Surfing tips. Get as much weight on the side you are surfing on. I surf goofy foot. I fill my 400lb bags on the driver side and 400lbs up front. 4 adults and two kids make a great wave for me. Sometimes I add an extra 400lbs on top of the 400lbs I have on that side.

jclevoy
08-14-2009, 07:08 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome all. We did some surfing late yesterday afternoon. It was my first time. I have to say..........It was pretty fun. If someone can recommend a particular board, I would greatly appreciate it. I am 6' 0" and weigh 205.

jmvotto
08-14-2009, 09:10 AM
Welcome aboard new moombies!!!:p
I concur on the Obrien Alias, up and away first try.

Why can't i see the pics on this thread.

My obv v is sandrock and black, second cousins maybe?

mikerudamann
08-14-2009, 12:20 PM
I am also a new member. I live only 5 minutes from Lake Allatoona in Cartersville, GA. We go out after work a few times a week and usually every Saturday and Sunday. Unfortunately my prop is being reconditioned so I'm down for about a week. We have 2001 Outback. I'm mainly a slalom skier but have thought about buying a wakeboard for next year.

I have found many useful threads so far. The main one I have put to use is replacing the shaft seal. There was only one very dry piece left of the old one. I wrapped it three times and now I no longer have to run the bilge pump at all.

Anyone else here hang out on Allatoona or Carter's Lake in Ellijay, GA?