PDA

View Full Version : Switchblade

Roachman
08-12-2009, 04:49 PM
Have any of you heard of the switchblade? It is like the wedge on a malibu.

https://generalstore.wakeoutlaws.com/switchbladewake.php

Roachman
08-12-2009, 04:56 PM
Man nevermind...I just got the price $3500. looks cool though if I didnt have to drain sacks for regular and goofy riders.

http://switchbladewake.com/

Razzman
08-12-2009, 05:11 PM
Personally i wouldn't use it for a couple reasons. The transom on your boat is not reinforced for that kind of stress, it just wasn't engineered in. Let's put it this way, even Malibu has failure issues with their wedge. There's a thread right now on WakeWorld just posted earlier where one ripped off the boat and is mangled. I've seen transoms torn up. 1200lbs of force is a lot and i wouldn't be comfortable, i'd always be worried. If something did happen i'll almost bet the insurance wouldn't cover it as it's a non-stock add-on.

The other reason is how much stress will it apply to the boat overall? I've got to wonder how much spider cracking would occur?

Who knows, maybe it's all good & cool but i'd never take the chance. Just my opinion.

sandm
08-12-2009, 05:51 PM
this is an option on the centurions.
dealer here told me when I was shopping an enzo230 last fall that 15% of their boats go out with one on, and it's more the ego guys that come in and want one "fully loaded" with price is no object checkbooks. the core riders in the shop all say don't get it, especially if you plan on surfing. it apparently does not do good things to a surf wake.
they had 7 centurion enzo's on the lot last august and the only one that had one installed was a fully loaded '06 that a guy was trying to sell to upgrade to an '09 and he wasn't ordering it again.

Sled491
08-12-2009, 06:13 PM
Looksa just a like a big hunk opf something hanging down off your boat. Not for me.

jester
08-12-2009, 06:19 PM
If you have ever seen it on a centurion it looks stupid. Atleast the Malibu's look ok with the wedge. Also i think it is down or it is up. There is no switching it on the water. I would not get one.