PDA

View Full Version : Who wakeskates?

lancesaville
08-11-2009, 04:02 PM
Let's see who wakeskates. Pics if you got em too, we have a forum for boarding and surfing, but not one for wakeskating. Maybe if there's enough wakeskaters, we can get a forum for it as well. I'm picking up a wakeskate in a couple weeks, so that's one for sure :)

gus 08 mobius lsv
08-11-2009, 04:24 PM
whats the difference in boards and technique between wake surf and wake skate?

gus 08 mobius lsv
08-11-2009, 04:27 PM
i seen it on nitro circus on mtv they were wake biking it was a bmx bike on a ski or wake board not sure. i think i'm gonna try to perfect this and patent it so i have money to do all the things i wanna do to my boat!

lancesaville
08-11-2009, 04:49 PM
whats the difference in boards and technique between wake surf and wake skate?

wakesurfing is a lot larger board, wakeskate is about the same size as a wakeboard, just heavier, and 'i hear' handles like a skateboard, plus there's no bindings so you put your feet wherever is best for your particular balance. Rope length and boat speed are about the same.

madriding1
08-11-2009, 05:04 PM
I hit it up now and then..

guinsha54
08-11-2009, 05:54 PM
Have I wakeskated? Yeah. Do I wakeskate? No.

I tried for the first time when I was younger and we were on the water everyday, we first tried taking the bindings off a wakeboard and just ridding, then me and some buddies pooled our money and bought a wake skate. It’s fun other than falling off and getting hit in the head with board every now and then. But I never really got that into it, and now that I don’t get to ride as much I haven’t wakeskated in about 2 years. Sucks getting older.

germa001
08-11-2009, 07:53 PM
I tried it earlier this year and liked it a lot. I don't see myself doing it enough to get good at it. The best part about it is when you fall or catch an edge you don't go slamming into the water head first. You do have to swim after your board though.

Reese350
08-11-2009, 08:37 PM
My oldest (9 year old) loves it. I've done it a few times and thought it was pretty fun. Definately a nice break from taking face plants on the wakeboard!

Form&Function
08-11-2009, 09:09 PM
I love wakeskating but it scares the hell out of me.Kinda like anything else,the more you learn the more fun it is.

MAPWPD
08-11-2009, 09:23 PM
It looks funny cause the only people I see do it are bad so they go one way and the board another, It seems much harder than wakeboarding without the reward.

Ian Brantford
08-11-2009, 10:20 PM
Wakeskating is great to do once in a while to work on your fine control. Ride a wakeskate and then return to wakeboarding, and suddenly you'll feel much more solid. It's a great way to advance a wakeboarder from beginner to intermediate skill level.

Wakeskating is covered in "The Book Complete" DVD set, including jumps.

c.rix
08-12-2009, 12:00 PM
I wakeskate only now after tearing my acl skating feels better on my knees nothing to wrench on my knees if I go down

I have been working on jumping the wake I am about 20%, but I like to do board slides on the wake mess around on the flat water shove its. I am working on getting better and its alot tougher than wakeboarding when trying to actually attempting tricks, but riding it is just as easy though.

Hoopskier
08-12-2009, 03:53 PM
I just tried this the other day. I thought it was great. I'm starting to look into getting my own board. I thought relatively inexpensive, about $100 for a decent beginner board.

ian ashton
08-12-2009, 04:00 PM
I also wakeskate occasionally. Its like a relaxing watersport for me, because every time I'm on my wakeboard I'm trying some sort of trick, and when I slalom I'm working on my cuts and technique. When I'm on the skate I just bounce around, lol.

lancesaville
08-12-2009, 04:54 PM
Well that sure seems like enough board members that wakeskate to have a new section, who do we talk to about getting a wakeskate forum created? can EdG do it?