PDA

View Full Version : got some cash to spend.. yeaaaaa

sandm
08-11-2009, 12:35 PM
We spend most of our time on the water with my sis and her bf. has been great fun the last couple of years, and I have never minded the money we spend on the boat, as they are great for chipping in for gas and food/beer, but, unexpected to me, they came over for dinner the other night and left a gift cert to the local dealer for $300. said it was for wear/tear on the boat since they don't make the payments....

pretty stoked to have some cash to go blow :)

nice to have people going that understand what an expense a boat really is..

jester
08-11-2009, 01:28 PM
That is very nice of them. Now comes the hard part of going in and only spending the gift card and not more.

sandm
08-11-2009, 02:31 PM
yea, like that will happen :)

gus 08 mobius lsv
08-11-2009, 04:31 PM
well kudos for them ! its so true these gas hogs aren't cheap to run on top of payment and insurance! my family is the same way always willing to bring food and beverages and leave money for gas. in my case its the friends you take out that don't even offer!

Mikey
08-12-2009, 09:19 PM
I have a buddy who recently sold his MC so he can look for a screaming deal at the end of the season. Anyways being a boat guy ,everytime i take him out he fills the boat whether its empty or near full as he can appreciate how much it costs to run and maintain a boat.

I never ask for cash etc as i usually initiate inviting anyone who comes on my boat , I'm just happy to have the company so i can go play,but it sure is nice to have someone help out a little. Some of my friends do the same occasionally but this friend insists everytime. Maybe thats why he's my best buddy.LOL

kaneboats
08-13-2009, 09:32 AM
Hey, I think you got my sister and I got yours. Time to trade back (as of yesterday-- go ahead and fwd the gift cert.).

Sled491
08-13-2009, 11:56 AM
Hey, I think you got my sister and I got yours. Time to trade back (as of yesterday-- go ahead and fwd the gift cert.).

that's funny

Sand, sounds like you got a couple of good ones there. An new rope and a sea dek pad could fill the bill I think.

sandm
08-13-2009, 12:30 PM
went to the shop yesterday and wandered around for about an hour daydreaming and really couldn't come up with anything I want right now.
-have a wakeboard that I really don't ride anywhere near it's potential and like it.
-have 3 surfboards, all less than 2 years old, inland 4skim is a year old and rides good, drew danielo pro is brand new and love it.
-all our ropes are in great shape
-vests are good
overall, couldn't find anything right now that I really wanted, but lots that the boat will need. I did try to get them to trade the cert. for a loaded 24ssv, but they said no :(
sad problem..

thinking about using it to winterize the boat and get some gelcoat work done, then use the cash I would have spent winterizing and getting 5 sets of polk db651's for the cabin and tower :)

mmandley
08-15-2009, 05:43 AM
well kudos for them ! its so true these gas hogs aren't cheap to run on top of payment and insurance! my family is the same way always willing to bring food and beverages and leave money for gas. in my case its the friends you take out that don't even offer!

This is so true. My best bro is the hardest one to get to chip in yet he expects an invite every week. The guy i jsut met this year gives gas money every time we take him out along with food and beer.

Im about to upgrade my best friend LOL.

moombadaze
08-15-2009, 08:33 AM
Im about to upgrade my best friend LOL.

Thats funny,

kaneboats
08-18-2009, 12:40 PM
Yup, you got to leave that guy home watching baseball a couple weeks in a row.

sandm
08-18-2009, 04:17 PM
have one "friend" that hasn't paid the last couple outings and really thinks that my boat only uses $10-15 gas an outing, and I have spent a ton in gas hauling his kid around on a tube.

he hasn't been back with us the last month, and won't the rest of the season..
I'll drop hints in the off season, try it again the first of the year next year and see what happens. no offer then, it'll be a long summer for him.

jester
08-18-2009, 05:24 PM
Haha some people do not understand how much a boat really costs. I had a friend that brought a friend. Pulled him on the wakeboard and he tubed, drank the drinks and enjoyed the food. At the end of the day tried to hand me $2. i handed it back to him saying"I think you need this more then i do" For some reason he did not like that comment.

sandm
08-18-2009, 06:00 PM
classic :)

Sled491
08-18-2009, 09:08 PM
Haha some people do not understand how much a boat really costs. I had a friend that brought a friend. Pulled him on the wakeboard and he tubed, drank the drinks and enjoyed the food. At the end of the day tried to hand me $2. i handed it back to him saying"I think you need this more then i do" For some reason he did not like that comment.

You can't get a soda/pop at a resturant for 2 bucks. I wonder if he realized how much he insulted you?

dtlaine
08-19-2009, 10:27 PM
The people I go with have their own boats, too, so it all works out. I was out on the Gulf of Mexico all weekend on one, and that's worth all the pulls he could ever take behind my boat. Plus, he's a fantastic driver. My other neighbor has an X-15, so we trade who takes their boat each time.

Sled491
08-19-2009, 10:53 PM
Yeah were on a rotating thing every morning here as well. Works out real good. Tomorrow morning is my turn. Only snag is one guy can only go on weekends, so we all rotate a weekend and make the other guy drive his boat every saturday :)