PDA

View Full Version : Keel Guard for a 2009 Mobius LSV ?

lancesaville
08-10-2009, 01:56 PM
Has anyone ever used or does anyone know of any companies that make a custom fit abs plastic or steel keel guard for the 06-09 LSV's? I noticed that the bow roller thingy on my trailer is messing up my wrap's laminate right by the tow hook and want to put something there to take the damage instead of the vinyl. Any ideas?

mmandley
08-10-2009, 02:18 PM
Ive seen a few of the thin aluminum ones online. They are thin strips with a 3M backing and i was thinking of getting one just haven't looked back into it. I will work on searching for it later. Have to get the boat ready for the water today.

lancesaville
08-11-2009, 04:07 PM
I thought about it some more and I think a 'bow guard' is more what I'm after. Something to go above the bow hook and up to the nose. I'm thinking a 2 inch wide, 1ft long piece of black plastic, creased longways, and backed with 3M adhesive will prob do the trick. Anyone know if there's a company that sells anything like that for moomba? I figure worst-case, I could rig something up from lowe's if I had to, but I'd rather it look nice.

Razzman
08-11-2009, 11:34 PM
Overton's sells a stainless steel one that adheres to the hull around the bow eye.

Razzman
08-11-2009, 11:34 PM
OR you can just do what i did and kill two birds with one stone and buy a Stolz Poly Bow Roller.

lancesaville
08-12-2009, 01:08 AM
Thx Razz, will look into both.