PDA

View Full Version : New LSV '08 vs '09 Differences

LURK19
08-10-2009, 10:13 AM
Buying 1st Moomba this fall. I have access to 3 dealers, one near our Lakehouse in NY, one by our house in PA and one in MI by my Dad's cottage. All 3 have '09 LSVs w/same options in stock. I can actually shop the best deal between them. One however actually has a new '08 LSV in stock also. Thinking I could get a great deal on the '08 even w/having them replace the graphics.
My question is what have been the significant changes between the years? In your opinion does the difference in price justify buying one of the '09s?

Thanks for your help.

jmvotto
08-10-2009, 10:21 AM
I believe thaey are the same . Is the dealer in NY you are refeing to Silver lake marine? great people they have a 09 green and balck lsv.

Good luck.

LURK19
08-10-2009, 10:28 AM
Yes. Good people to work with? You have had experience with them?

jmvotto
08-10-2009, 10:50 AM
yep, I bought my 07 in early 08 and I store it there as well. So far so good. They have done some additional work for me on the boat as well.

here is a testimonial we sen to SC and to Jane & Quinn. I highly recommend them.

http://www.silverlakemarine.com/includes/testimonials/testimonials.asp?tid=29&bhcp=1

Razzman
08-10-2009, 11:26 AM
I'd go the '08, work 'em a bit for a deal. They'll be wanting to get rid of that one as the 2010's will be showing soon.

LURK19
08-10-2009, 11:34 AM
Thanks. Great testimonial. I have been to all the dealers/marinas here at Chautuaqua Lake and no one stands out, mixed reviews about them all and everything is over priced. Compared to growing up weekends on a lake in MI its still baffling to me that a lake this large with this much competition is like this. I do like the black & green LSV and hope adding wakeboard pro, z5 cargo rack, winter storage (this winter) Silver Lake comes out on top. Thanks again.

mmandley
08-10-2009, 02:04 PM
The only noticeable difference in the 09 LSV and the 08 LSV is the swivel drivers seat. The 09 has a new driver seat all together and i didn't think it was as comfortable.

As for the 08 and 09 Ballast not a lot of difference but slightly different. They both are bagged and air type pumps. Both systems have the same issues with air lock and not wanting to always drain the bags completely.

Form&Function
08-12-2009, 11:25 PM
Ballast on the 09 is totally different with a through hull for each bag.It runs three ballast puppies and three control modules/timers that sense when a bag runs dry.Its nothing like the old sprinkler valve system.

09's with perfectpass have a integrated display that looks alot cleaner

Really what it comes down to is how loaded the different models are in terms of tandem trailer,cruise,bimini,wakeplate,ballast,covers.Tha t stuff makes all the difference.

zegm
08-12-2009, 11:40 PM
Lurk,

Depends on the price difference, pretty much the same boat except the ballast and is that worth say 5 grand????

Fman
08-14-2009, 12:27 AM
The only noticeable difference in the 09 LSV and the 08 LSV is the swivel drivers seat. The 09 has a new driver seat all together and i didn't think it was as comfortable.

As for the 08 and 09 Ballast not a lot of difference but slightly different. They both are bagged and air type pumps. Both systems have the same issues with air lock and not wanting to always drain the bags completely.

The 09's are impeller driven pumps, not aerator style. The impeller pumps will prime much better and drain the water out of the bags more effeciently. There is also a seperate pump with its own intake for each bag. Aerator pumps have no drafting capabilities, the JABSCO ballast puppies will draft water up to 9 ft in elevation. 09's also have no sprinkler valves which is a huge improvement.

For about $500 you can upgrade the '08 ballast fill system to as good if not better system than the '09 has. Depending on the price and options you have, might want to keep this in mind.

I stumbled upon a 2009 Supra Worlds Edition 22V, completely loaded, one bad ass ride for $53k here in the Sacramento, CA area. This is a $70k boat in a good market. If you want more information on this boar contact Shawn at American Power Sports (916) 635-4644...might be worth taking a look.

Form&Function
08-15-2009, 07:33 PM
For about $500 you can upgrade the '08 ballast fill system to as good if not better system than the '09 has. Depending on the price and options you have, might want to keep this in mind.

There is no improving the 08 with a five hundred budget.Just the pumps cost more than that.Then add the control boxes and switches with the code lights and you still have to drill two more holes in your boat.On top of that the new perfect pass cluster is much cleaner than a five inch gauge in the side of your dash looking like a after thought.

jmvotto
08-19-2009, 06:33 AM
Lurk 19,

I see the green/black lsv at silver lake was sold. was that you? if it was congrats and enjoy. post some pics of your new ride