PDA

View Full Version : Glad I got a Strainer

Sled491
08-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Man this winter I added a strainer because we were eating coolant hoses on our boat and found one side of the block filled with sand this spring. Went to check out the cup this afternoon and wow is all I can say. I didn't take any pics, but it was full of gravel, sand, sea roots etc. I realize the fine stuff will get through but I'm sure this is really going to help.

Mikey
08-08-2009, 11:36 PM
Depending on where we run i usually get small weeds etc but thats all so far. One lake has this algae that looks like grass seeds but bright green and i have to clean out everytime afterwards. Its defenitely been a good feature for me and sounds like your definetely getting your moneys worth out of yours.

sandm
08-09-2009, 09:06 AM
if I was to buy said sea strainer, where did you get yours. sounds like a worthwhile mod to protect the engine and I don't think I have one.

Sled491
08-09-2009, 12:17 PM
I got mine from a fellow Moomba owner, but basically it is a standard Sherwood strainer, you add your own two barbs and cut it into your raw water PU. You should be able to find one at just about any Marine supply place. Go to Moomba modifications to see pics of my install, pretty easy.