Fresh water strainer - check
Dual battery install - check

Lighter wallet - check

When the boat budget replenishes:

Tower speakers
2 new amps

Sharpie647
08-07-2009, 04:53 PM
How many hours you got on that bad boy now, just 20 hrs??? I hear the lighter wallet part. For me its been gas gas and more gas. Why did you have the dealer install a second battery? Just getting ready for when you put the new amps in?

TSC
08-08-2009, 10:03 AM
I'm at 22hrs now. The 2nd battery is to prep for the new tower speakers and amps. We parked last Sat. at Lakeside and I left the radio on, didn't notice since volume was down. Started anyway, but all the more reason for the extra insurance of the second battery.

mmandley
08-09-2009, 08:56 AM
I'm at 22hrs now. The 2nd battery is to prep for the new tower speakers and amps. We parked last Sat. at Lakeside and I left the radio on, didn't notice since volume was down. Started anyway, but all the more reason for the extra insurance of the second battery.

This is the biggest reason to have a second battery. 1 Battery can run any stereo setup with a capacitor to supply solid power to the sub. The second battery adds that insurance you will be able to crank the engine over when its time to head out.