PDA

View Full Version : Hit a rock - engine shut off

Load
08-06-2009, 09:43 PM
And it would not start. WE were at ridiculous low speed. When we tries to re-start we got nothing. Battery is fine. However, when we dropped it in water this year we had a no start issue and guiy who worked on it came and said he found that the "kill switch" was being rubbed against. He said he tie wrapped it up and all was ok. So here is what we think happened. Did the fins underneath hit a rock and triggered a shut off that we cannot find and re-set ( we are idiots that way BTW). The props seem fine. WE have it in my driveway now. It is a 02 Outback. shaft seems fine as I can trun props with ease by hand so we dont think props hit. It was loud and frankly I know that lake and I am not even sure we hit a rock as there is not one there I know off as I drive all the time there. anyway any help with any sort of shut off or safety or kill switch.

I hope this is embarrassingly funny. I am lucky enough to have my sea doo and searayder to keep me amused - this is actuallya buddies boat

Razzman
08-06-2009, 10:00 PM
There is no impact shutoff switch that'll shut down the boat. The first thing that comes to mind is checking the throttle for neutral and the red safety lanyard is still connected below the throttle. May sound stupid but i've seen and heard of these being the issues many times.

Load
08-06-2009, 10:05 PM
There is no impact shutoff switch that'll shut down the boat. The first thing that comes to mind is checking the throttle for neutral and the red safety lanyard is still connected below the throttle. May sound stupid but i've seen and heard of these being the issues many times.

Our guy that works on boat nornmally for winterization is away and unreachable. Yes we are just barely smart enough to do the neautral thing. MY Searayder is finicky that way. but this boat has no lanyard. Really wondering what that mechanic was talking about ion the spring

Load
08-07-2009, 11:23 AM
mechanic guy coming over. says it was a neutral swtich problem that has been flipped - it was nota kill switch. We have decided to not touch and let him fix