PDA

View Full Version : Wetsounds 3somes

GeauxTigers
08-06-2009, 04:06 PM
Hey everyone:
I have an opportunity to buy a set of Wetsounds 3somes (1 year old) off a boat that has been sold. The owner kept them because he knew he could make more money sellig them separately. He wants $1100.00.
It sounds like a great deal and he says they are in perfect working condition. What should I be looking for to see if this truly is a good deal?

lancesaville
08-07-2009, 01:26 AM
Hey everyone:
I have an opportunity to buy a set of Wetsounds 3somes (1 year old) off a boat that has been sold. The owner kept them because he knew he could make more money sellig them separately. He wants $1100.00.
It sounds like a great deal and he says they are in perfect working condition. What should I be looking for to see if this truly is a good deal?

Either listen to them, or at least visually inspect them for any damage. You'll need the wetsounds plugs for the speaker wire too, make sure you get those. As far as any warranty goes, not sure if their warranty is transferrable. WS is a highly available company tho, just call them and ask about it. www.wetsounds.com

also, to mention, a brand new set would only be $649 more hehe. Oh and don't forget to get some scotch-garded speaker sox if they don't come with a set. www.speakersox.com - good luck!

Razzman
08-07-2009, 10:56 AM
I'm not a Wetsounds fan so i honestly can't say. I would definately ask to hear them before i committed, afterall what if their not up to par, do you get your money back? You get the drift.

GeauxTigers
08-08-2009, 12:06 AM
I'm not a Wetsounds fan so i honestly can't say. I would definately ask to hear them before i committed, afterall what if their not up to par, do you get your money back? You get the drift.

I hear ya. So to listen to them, we can simply hook them up to a boom box or a stereo and we should be able to crank them right?

Razzman
08-08-2009, 12:23 AM
I hear ya. So to listen to them, we can simply hook them up to a boom box or a stereo and we should be able to crank them right?

You'll have to put some power to them to get full range out of them.

lancesaville
08-08-2009, 12:32 AM
Yeah like a nice home stereo system switched to 2 channel would prob do the trick, but you still wouldn't get the volume i bet. Also you'd need to wire/adapt the pos and neg lead from the home stereo into the wetsounds plug, not sure if those are re-usable, might have to splice temporarily. good luck.