PDA

View Full Version : Waffles ?

moombadaze
08-06-2009, 11:09 AM
ok, what is your favorate batter to make waffles and pancakes--getting tired of what we have.

thanks

sandm
08-06-2009, 11:56 AM
beer..

enough said :)

tazz3069
08-06-2009, 07:34 PM
True Buttermilk Pancakes

Flour, All-Purpose 6 Cups
Salt 1 tablespoon
Sugar 6 ounces
Baking Soda 1 tablespoon
Baking Powder 2 tablespoons
Buttermilk 3 pints
Eggs, lightly beaten 6
Butter, Melted 3 ounces
Vegetable Oil as needed

1. Sift together the flour, salt, sugar, baking soda, and baking powder into a large mixing bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, and melted butter.
3 Add the wet ingredients to the dry, Stir with a wooden spoon to combine. (The batter will be slightly lumpy)
4. Brush a griddle or skillet lightly with the oil; heat the oil until it is moderately hot.
5 Drop the batter onto the griddle, and enjoy.
6. Heat up the syrup and pour the love.

This recipe can be used for both pancakes and waffles.
Let me know when you are making breakfast. I will bring the coffee. I used to be an Executive Chef back in the day. Everybody really loved the flavor of the pancakes.
Tazz ENJOY!!!!!!!!

jmvotto
08-06-2009, 08:38 PM
http://www.krusteaz.com/brands/krusteaz/pancake_waffle_mixes/

you can buy them at sams club. aewsome, easy, cheap:D

kaneboats
08-07-2009, 10:56 AM
Second the Krusteaz. It's just about perfect.

moombadaze
08-07-2009, 10:59 AM
beer..

enough said :)

Second the Krusteaz. It's just about perfect.

how about mixing both of these???

kaneboats
08-07-2009, 11:02 AM
I do that every morning.

ABUCKOTOMAMBO
08-10-2009, 05:20 PM
We went camping with some friends last year and decided to bring a portable pancake griddle (propane). I am known for making some pretty tasty buttermilk pancakes and was preparing to bring the ingrediants to make my batter at the campground. Then my wife came across a pancake batter in a can. Follow the link to this product. While they don't compare to my pancakes. This is the slickest way to have pancakes when you are camping.

www.batterblaster.com

Razzman
08-12-2009, 07:47 PM
True Buttermilk Pancakes

Flour, All-Purpose 6 Cups
Salt 1 tablespoon
Sugar 6 ounces
Baking Soda 1 tablespoon
Baking Powder 2 tablespoons
Eggs, lightly beaten 6
Butter, Melted 3 ounces
Vegetable Oil as needed

1. Sift together the flour, salt, sugar, baking soda, and baking powder into a large mixing bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, and melted butter.
3 Add the wet ingredients to the dry, Stir with a wooden spoon to combine. (The batter will be slightly lumpy)
4. Brush a griddle or skillet lightly with the oil; heat the oil until it is moderately hot.
5 Drop the batter onto the griddle, and enjoy.
6. Heat up the syrup and pour the love.

This recipe can be used for both pancakes and waffles.
Let me know when you are making breakfast. I will bring the coffee. I used to be an Executive Chef back in the day. Everybody really loved the flavor of the pancakes.
Tazz ENJOY!!!!!!!!

OK Tazz where's the milk?!!

tazz3069
08-12-2009, 08:21 PM
OK Tazz where's the milk?!!

SORRY I just added it to the recipe.

kaneboats
08-13-2009, 09:39 AM
Buy a box of pancake mix and a 12 pk of beer. Open beer and pour just a sip into the bowl. Add mix and water. Stir while you finish the beer. Make pancakes for the kids. Drink the rest of the 12 pk and order a pizza about the time the game comes on.

moombadaze
10-20-2009, 01:40 PM
Finally had a chance to try the Krusteaz, WOW, way better than we thought they would be with only adding water. So the locall publix had them on sale 2 for 1, so we now have about 8 boxes in the house-we have the chocolate chip-kiddo's favorite, blueberry and one for waffles. Thanks

newty
10-21-2009, 03:35 PM
I'll either mix up some blueberries or take a lightly browned banana and mix it up in any batter. Kids love them.
Crushed strawberries work too.