PDA

View Full Version : seadek platform pads

mac013
08-05-2009, 02:46 PM
I was looking to hear from any wakeboarders out there that have installed the seadek pads to their swim platforms. My question is do those pads stand up to the abuse from wakeboards being put on and people jumping off the back with boards on?
Second part is beside looking great, are the seadek pads that much softer than the rock hard stock pads?
Thanks

mmandley
08-05-2009, 05:15 PM
These pads are very rugged. There close to 1/2 inch thick and they are a solid material. They don't really squish down when you press them but when you stand on them or really put your weight on them they are soft.

As for wake boards we have had ours a little over a month now, 7-4-09 weekend and we have had the boat out 1 to 2 times a week with 4 to 6 wake boarders all doing at least 2 sets each.

Not a single mark from the boards and we all do swim deck slide ins. We put the boards on at the swim deck and slide off it into the water. Most of the wake boards have the longer center stabilizer fin as well. Not a single mark of wear so fare.

The pads have a 3 year warranty also. Not sure if its a defects only plan or what but i wouldn't be surprised if you trashed it in a season from normal use that Sea Dec wouldn't give you another one.

Razzman
08-05-2009, 07:29 PM
I've had mine two seasons now and in my opinion you can't get a better pad, period!

mac013
08-05-2009, 10:09 PM
These pads are very rugged. There close to 1/2 inch thick and they are a solid material. They don't really squish down when you press them but when you stand on them or really put your weight on them they are soft.

As for wake boards we have had ours a little over a month now, 7-4-09 weekend and we have had the boat out 1 to 2 times a week with 4 to 6 wake boarders all doing at least 2 sets each.

Not a single mark from the boards and we all do swim deck slide ins. We put the boards on at the swim deck and slide off it into the water. Most of the wake boards have the longer center stabilizer fin as well. Not a single mark of wear so fare.

The pads have a 3 year warranty also. Not sure if its a defects only plan or what but i wouldn't be surprised if you trashed it in a season from normal use that Sea Dec wouldn't give you another one.

Thanks, that was a great product review. Exactly what I was looking for. Now if only someone can figure out my wiring problem.
Now what colour to choose for my sea dek?

kaneboats
08-06-2009, 10:32 AM
Put a separate post in the repair section and you'll get help.

Edit: Oops, I guess you did that already.

Sled491
08-06-2009, 06:06 PM
We ski off our sea dek pad and as you know ski fins are much harder on pads than wakeboard fins. Not one problem :)