PDA

View Full Version : Wrong Prop

Beans
04-13-2004, 11:27 AM
We just bought our Moomba last year. The boat was in for a replacement of the carbureter. The dealer had called us and told us that the carbureter was fixed incorrectly last time and they were correcting the problem now. They removed the prop for us because it was bent a little. The dealer said they would send it in for an alignment. After the first week, the prop was not even sent in. After the second week, the prop was still not sent in. The dealer than proceeds to put another prop on, and tells us he's doing us a favor by giving us a free prop. After we drop the boat in the water we discover it is the wrong prop. The prop is in the wrong direction and our boat is now running forward, when it's in reverse and reverse when it's suppose to run forward. So either the engine was messed with when they replaced the carberator, or its the prop and it's in the wrong direction. (We know for a fact that it is in the wrong direction) But either way, the engine started smoking after we discovered the problem in the water. Please advise on how to deal with the problem.

purplepower
04-13-2004, 02:11 PM
Something about this thread sounds familiar? If you would be kind enough to fill out more of your profile and try to be specific about your boat and the dealer in question, I am sure help will follow.

PS all props should be clearly labelled as to rotation (LH vs RH)

Beans
04-13-2004, 02:24 PM
Our boat is a Moomba Outback, 2003. The dealer is in Santa Rosa. I don't know how to add these to my profile.

04-13-2004, 08:40 PM
sounds like you have a Ski Natique prop.They turn the other way.

james yarosz
04-13-2004, 08:44 PM
sounds like you got a Natique prop.they turn the other way.