PDA

View Full Version : Help Boat Cover LEAKS!!!!

EMMAS MOOMBA
08-03-2009, 09:48 AM
Need some info on my boat cover please. I have 08 lsv with the cockpit cover and front cover. Factory cover from moomba and it leaks bad in the front. carpet is always soaked. Are there covers made poorley or what. Where can i get a good cover that will not leak water into my brand new boat. Is moombas all one cover better than waht i have . thanks for any help

Kidder
08-03-2009, 10:16 AM
Need some info on my boat cover please. I have 08 lsv with the cockpit cover and front cover. Factory cover from moomba and it leaks bad in the front. carpet is always soaked. Are there covers made poorley or what. Where can i get a good cover that will not leak water into my brand new boat. Is moombas all one cover better than waht i have . thanks for any help

Are you using the poles that came with the covers to ensure that water doesn't pool?

Razzman
08-03-2009, 11:47 AM
I'm a little confused with your post. So you have the cockpit and seperate bow covers but NOT a one piece factory cover? IF that's the case and your leaving your boat out in the elements you really should have a good one piece cover. I have the factory cover and it's taut and doesn't leak but then it's only been causght in the rain once and under cover when stored. The factory cover did not come with poles nor does it need them, at least on the LSV.

Kelsey
08-04-2009, 10:20 AM
I have the two piece cover as well. I use 2 poles in the front area due to leaking. Even with that, it still gets some water in there. Any rain that lands on the windshield will roll down, right underneath the cover. Aside from going with the 1 piece cover, there is really no good options I can come up with.

BWeber
08-04-2009, 10:33 AM
I have the same issue with my 09' LSV. Water that rolls off the windshield gets underneath the bow cover and the floor is usually wet after a hard rain. Same with the cockpit cover, water rolls off where the tower meets the hull. Lucky for me I am able to squeeze my boat in the garage. So, the only time it really gets wet is if I get caught in the rain while at the lake for the weekend.

danimal365
08-04-2009, 10:46 AM
Razz, I have the factory mooring cover and it came with poles. I also have the lsv.

Razzman
08-04-2009, 10:52 AM
I don't where or why you'd need them if your's is like mine. Mine is so taut they'd be useless. I guess maybe IF you left it out in some serious rain it might puddle on the bow but i can't see how.

NCSUmoomba
08-04-2009, 01:00 PM
I have never seen a boat cover that didn't leak. It's a boat, it is designed to get wet.

c.rix
08-04-2009, 04:33 PM
I have the two piece cover as well. I use 2 poles in the front area due to leaking. Even with that, it still gets some water in there. Any rain that lands on the windshield will roll down, right underneath the cover. Aside from going with the 1 piece cover, there is really no good options I can come up with.

Hey Kelsey,
I had a local cover shop make me a triangle piece to velcro to both the cockpit and bow covers and snaps on the side. It stops the rain from rolling under the bow cover.

Ive left my boat outside all year and only had the bow get wet once but it did rain like crazy! After this weekend camping I did notice that the bow cover seems to not be as "water proof" as the cockpit and seem to soak up water instead of beading up

Does anyone know if there is there a product you can use to re-waterproof sunbrella material???

MightyMoomba
08-04-2009, 07:49 PM
I had the same thing on my 08 lsv, I have the cockpit and bow cover that velcros together at the window, also a pole in the cockpit and in the bow. I went on line to sportsmensguide.com and bought a $70 one piece cover that is water resistant. It works great. No more wet carpet up front and we have had some heavy rains.

Sled491
08-06-2009, 06:14 PM
You need the poles, and if your gonna leave your boat out in the elements without a canopy or such you really should have the full cover.

PS I have the full Moomba Logo cover, and with poles have neve had any water get in my boat.

squeeg333
09-17-2009, 01:26 PM
I have the exact same problem! Just got the boat, and was kinda bummed that the bow got soaked inside when it rained. But, it's becaue the water runs off the windshield into the track that holds the windshield. This acts like a rain gutter and takes all of that water right to where the walk-thru window is. Then it pours into the bow and just sits there. I park mine outside with the bow slightly downhill due to my driveway, so the last few times it's rained hard I had to go out and shop vac the water out! Pain in the you know what!

I did go buy a cheap 75 dollar walmart cover that fits pretty well, and that'll keep the majority of the water out for sure. It doesn't fit perfectly due to the tower, but oh well. I am working on getting the full factory cover though.

It's best, like the rest of you say, to have a full cover if you store outside for any amount of time. It'll cover all the fiberglass that remains exposed with using the snap down covers. They are convienent, but not totally practical for long term storage...

Sled491
09-18-2009, 08:53 AM
wow, I never thought about the rain running down the windshield into the bow. I have the full cover and I think it's a pain in the butt. But then my boat sits on a lift 8 mnths of the year under a canopy.

gus 08 mobius lsv
09-18-2009, 10:38 AM
when I was ordering my boat, I considered the snap on covers.

My dealer advised me against it. Glad he did. He siad they are great covers if you keep the boat in the water and under a canopy.

I have the full factory cover for my 2009 Outback V.

I absolutely love the thing. Water tight and it has plastic vents for breathing built into it.

Verrrry easy to put on by yourself.

2 poles. They snap onto the cover and stay in place while you pull the cover over the boat while standing on the swim platform.

It is secured to the hull with a sewn in nylon web strap. No side straps to mess with.

hey ed would pics of the cover be possible?

zegm
09-18-2009, 11:16 AM
We have the full cover too and never have a problem with water getting in. You will have to play a little with the height of the poles but that is pretty easy. And if you have 2 people you will get good at getting the thing covered quickly!