PDA

View Full Version : How to drive a wakeboarder 360 around the boat

MAPWPD
08-02-2009, 05:56 PM
Hey I have seen the video's on you tube and my friend has been the rider but how do you drive a wakeboarder 360 around the boat does it matter goofy or regular which way you turn, speed, etc?

Going on vacation soon and wanna work it out.:D

Mikey
08-02-2009, 09:46 PM
Shouldn't be that hard to do as we used to do this with a knee board years ago on an old boat with an outboard with a tripod skibar.
Key back then was to have nice calm water, whipping into a turn ,gathering speed,sending rider sailing around. Stop boat and everyone duck and guide rope over window,should be easier with a tower. Then as rider is nearly all the way around,if they had enough speed the boat needs to take off near the end to actually complete the loop,then you have it a complete 260 around the boat.

Form&Function
08-02-2009, 10:03 PM
I don't think my lsv handles good enough for that kind of turn.Old dd outback maybe.

maxpower220
08-02-2009, 11:26 PM
Drive normal speed, have rider cut out heelside (left for LFF, right for RFF) at the same time turn the boat slightly opposite (right for a LFF rider) of his cut. This will "whip" the rider a little faster and start him going around the boat. After a second, turn the boat back HARD into the oncoming rider (left) and push the throttle to the max. The boat should do a power turn and once the boat has turned 180 degrees from the start, straighten out and accelerate back to normal speed. The rider must continue to cut during the whole process.
As the driver, it is very nerve-racking to do this. You will have the throttle all the way down as you turn back into the rider. If the rider falls or you don't get the turn right, bad things can happen. Make sure that you don't have board racks up or boards on them. The riders speed will decrease a lot after the bow of the boat passes him. This is normal, don't add extra speed at the start of the manuever as it makes it more difficult for the rider to judge his cut.

ian ashton
08-03-2009, 01:18 PM
We could definately pull it off with my Outback, it handles like a Ferrari.

That being said, I think this belongs in the category of "If you have to ask how to do it, DON'T TRY IT!"

Very similar to my deep water start barefooting - my arms are still sore.