PDA

View Full Version : Swivel board racks falling apart!

Fman
08-02-2009, 04:00 PM
On my '08 22V my board racks are becoming more and more sloppy. I have contacted Roswell and they are supposed to be sending me a replacement upgrade with a better re-designed system. I will believe it when they arrive at my house, they have been on back order for a couple months. Apparrently, this week they are supposed to ship them out.

Has anyone else had problems with there racks???? I cant see how they thought this was acceptable to place in production, my racks easily have 1 1/4" of play in them with boards loaded on them. I am using the safety pin to help them from breaking but I am convinced if they dont get replaced they are going to break. I am very close to start using a strap to wrap around them to help them from shaking and wobbling. Kind of sad on a 2008 boat :(

Has anyone else replaced there racks from Roswell with new pin style? and how do you like them?

Not trying to gripe about my Supra, but the swivel racks and the ballast system are my only two complaints about this boat. Other than that, its been a great time this summer.

Razzman
08-02-2009, 04:06 PM
Fman you might want to ask this on the Supra forum as Moombas don't have the swivel racks or the option, wish they did.

Sled491
08-02-2009, 07:08 PM
Razz that's funny, but goes to show who has the better board :)

zegm
08-02-2009, 11:43 PM
Razzman,

Maybe we don't want those swivel racks after all? :shock:

jester
08-02-2009, 11:54 PM
Are swivel racks all that great? It is not that hard to put up a board or take them down and i have heard of other people having problems with swivel racks on other fourms.

Fman
08-03-2009, 12:25 AM
The swivel racks work great, I would never own a boat without them. Roswell has made a new design that is much better and putting them on the '09 Supra's. Thought the Moomba's had them too, my bad. I will say they are very nice to have and make taking the boards off and on MUCH easier, especially when kids are taking them off and removing.

cptmoomba
08-03-2009, 07:10 AM
Fman,

I had mine waranteed out. The new pin styles are much more stable, more compact, and more stylish. They are brushed instead of powder coated and easier to keep clean. The pivot is much tighter and unless I am very rough water I don't need to put the pin in. You will be pleased.

Jason

jjolson
08-03-2009, 10:42 AM
The dealer that I bought my boat at sells both supra and moomba. I remember before I bought my boat we were looking at the Roswell Boardracks on the supras. He was showing me how they had so much play in them while we were in the showroom.

yearround
08-03-2009, 11:06 AM
i had roswell swivel racks on my moomba for about 3 months. they fell apart. i returned them and went with the regular moomba racks. i think i would like the swivel racks, but i have heard several people with failure problems. though i have heard that roswell has been very good about repair/replace the bad swivels.

sandm
08-03-2009, 12:48 PM
I really don't like our swivel racks. I don't see the need, as we just stand on the step on the edge of the boat to get a board out. The only time I like them is when getting gas at the marina. it's covered and the pvc poles hit the boards. I swivel the gas side into the boat to fill up then back out, but otherwise ours never spin.

ian ashton
08-03-2009, 01:16 PM
I added swivel racks to my Outback (not Rozwell) and I rarely use the swivel feature. My racks also have quick release, so if I want the extra room on the sides I just take the rack off all togather.

Fman
08-03-2009, 02:40 PM
Sounds like there are a bunch of options out there, personally for me I would not ever ge back to not having a swivel rack. Its much easier for me to remove the boards when I can swivel them into the boat. I also have three kids that would eventually would end up dropping a board on my boat, guaranteed!

I am looking forward to getting my new set of swivels, everyone who has the new set seems to be very happy with them. Roswell seems to be a pretty stand up company.

Ian Brantford
08-16-2009, 01:29 AM
I just got swivel racks installed today. Wow, that's much better!

The only downside that I have to detach the rear bimini strap each time, to allow the swivel to come in. At least, that is required with the way that I have them mounted on my XLV's tower. That problem should go away shortly when I install the new Monster Tower cargo bimini, which doesn't use straps.