PDA

View Full Version : Spider Cracks and Trailer Cracks

JamesA
08-01-2009, 02:43 PM
I have an 04' Moomba Mobius LSV. I am the only owner and had the boat made for me. Within the first year of owning the boat, I started to see spider cracks where the tower connects to the boat. I informed my dealer within the first 6 months of owning the and they told me it was normal as long as the cracks do not crack the gel coat. Low and behold, a year later the cracks had penetrated throught he gel coat where water can actually get in the cracks. Has anyone else had this problem? I actually had spoke with people at Skiers Choice and they informed me that they would work with me. Two years later, after multiple phone calls and emails I am yet to get a call back. This has been going on for five years.

On another note, I was having some fabrication done to my boat recently and my fabricator pointed out to me that I had two massive cracks on my swing away part of the trailer and it is not on a weld. Has anyone had this issue as well?

I am very OCD with my boat and only have 160 hours on it. That boat gets treated better than my cars.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Regards,

James

tazz3069
08-01-2009, 03:08 PM
WOW!! I can not believe SC would treat their customers like that. If SC won't return your calls and you are doing all the leg work, What is your dealer doing? They should be on the horN with SC to resolve the problems. I really hope that SC does not fall away from the spot light in regards to customer Service. Try to get a hold of ED G. He might be able to help you out. It seems that he know a few good people there at SC.
When I had a small issue with my boat, my dealership contacted SC and problem was fixed. Actually within a few days.
Tazz

Kidder
08-01-2009, 05:12 PM
Yep, I'd have to agree that I would be more disappointed with the dealer than SC. The dealer should be doing the legwork, not you.

tazz3069
08-04-2009, 09:11 AM
Any luck with your dealer?