View Full Version : What is this called?? speedo is not working and no air can get through this part

08-01-2009, 12:12 PM

08-01-2009, 07:16 PM
absolutly no idea what the heck that is-never seen something like it.



08-01-2009, 07:46 PM
Expansion chamber. I worked on mine many years ago and I think it is a water/air interface where no water should come out. I never did figure it all out but SKIDIM would know how it works and I don't think water would come out. 90% of the problems is between the connection on the bottom and the pitot tube and usually clogged. If the area is wet back by the tube, you have a mini-geyser when your traveling and the connection needs to be fixed. Usually it is a clogged pitot tube and blow compressed air back through using the hose connection on the pitot tube.

08-01-2009, 08:56 PM
just figured out air is coming/going through, so this part is not the problem. it's the hose from the outside of the boat to the bottom of this chamber that is the problem. air goes through this part, out the top and through the hose to the speedo with no problem. looks like you have to pull out the gas tank to replace that hose:(