PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Morning descion :(

Sled491
07-30-2009, 10:20 AM
So I'm sitting here at my place waiting for a 11:00 AM appointment. Lake is flat, no wind, overcast (storms coming). Should I go for a ski or not? Stayed up late with the neighbours around the fire, and just can't get motivated. :(

kaneboats
07-30-2009, 10:22 AM
Summer lasts forever there, right????????????????

Sled491
07-30-2009, 10:31 AM
Starting to drizzle. Tomorrow is my last morning here for a while and is supposed to be sunny. I'm gonna wait.

jmvotto
07-30-2009, 10:32 AM
if its flat go for it. I have only seen flat water a couple times this year.... better go for it.;)

moombadaze
07-30-2009, 10:57 AM
go for it--ice will be there-not here:rolleyes:-before you know it. never let drizzle stop you-gona be wet anyway:D

Waynes345
07-30-2009, 11:30 AM
So I'm sitting here at my place waiting for a 11:00 AM appointment. Lake is flat, no wind, overcast (storms coming). Should I go for a ski or not? Stayed up late with the neighbours around the fire, and just can't get motivated. :(

I think Sled should also have mentioned it is probably in the high 50's / low 60's as well. I'm south of him with the same crappy weather. I'm going to take a nap and hit the water in the evening.

moombadaze
07-30-2009, 11:56 AM
high 50's / low 60's .

That changes everything!

Sled491
07-30-2009, 01:43 PM
You got it Waynes. But thunder storms expected tonight :( Leaving for US Junior Olympics tomorrow night so I guess I'll have to cross my fingers and then just live with a Monday night or Tuesday morning ski.

BensonWdby
07-30-2009, 05:24 PM
We are about 2.5 hr NW of you. Yesterday morning it was 48 at 6AM. By 7:30 it was 58 and we went out - no wet suit. At least the sun was shining.

Our biggest problem this year has been wind. A lot of steady strong wind out of the N/NW, the kind that keeps blowing all night, so no last minute opportunities at dusk. So basically we go when we can ... Fortunately I found a guy on the lake as into it as I am. Since the family has lost interest ...

Sled491
07-30-2009, 06:07 PM
My wife is still willing to drive and we are staying at the lake these days so early morning and late night skiis are the norm.

Waynes345
07-30-2009, 10:06 PM
Wind, rain, cold, gave way to a really nice evening. Calm, clear and warmer. Had some really nice runs. Kids are getting good. I've driven a lot this week as we had a bunch of cousins out to the lake. Got some newbies up and had a lot of fun despite the crappy weather. Hopefully tomorrow is nice as it's our last day before having to go home fo a wedding and then work.

Sled491
07-30-2009, 10:19 PM
Ditto, after super the lake was beautiful. No one out calm, and because of the rain and cooler temps water felt really good. Had a great couple of runs. Son went wakeboarding after I was done until dark. Great night!

deerfield
07-30-2009, 11:08 PM
Hey, you Midwestern guys - If you want to do something cool, take your boat on Lake Michigan when the wind is out of the west/southwest. I did that Tuesday evening with two of my sons and a couple of their friends. Flat water deluxe!. In three hours time we saw only two other boats. We could run a straight line in eight feet of clear water two-hundred feet from shore for as far as the eye could see. Between sets I used the time to rinse down my boat in that sparkling water. Sand bottom everywhere. No mud, muck, weeds, or grass. No snakes, crocodiles, or other pests. That was the best. - Deerfield

Sled491
07-31-2009, 09:45 AM
Deerfield, you were talking to Hunter last weekend weren't you:) That's one of his haunts.

Sled491
07-31-2009, 09:10 PM
So thursday morning was a bust. Thursday night was great, air was cool enough to make the water feel warm :)

Friday morning was awsum. Great ski, sun was bright and lake was flat. After my ski filled some bags for the wife and middle son to surf. 7yr old packed it in quick but wife was out forever. After we just floated while the bags emptied and talked about how we could spend the whole day out like this.

deerfield
07-31-2009, 09:27 PM
So thursday morning was a bust. Thursday night was great, air was cool enough to make the water feel warm :)

Friday morning was awsum. Great ski, sun was bright and lake was flat. After my ski filled some bags for the wife and middle son to surf. 7yr old packed it in quick but wife was out forever. After we just floated while the bags emptied and talked about how we could spend the whole day out like this.

Okay. That's all good. Now, did you get that PP thing fixed?

Sled491
07-31-2009, 09:43 PM
Nope, manual at other home. Will get to it next week say tuesday or Wed when I get home from JO's

eseebeck
07-31-2009, 10:50 PM
If you guys are having crappy weather that means it will be awhile before things clear up for me in Michigan. What a drag, I've been beggin' my kids to ski every summer. Last year they took up knee boarding, at least their behind the boat. They're 8 and 10 now, both can ski on two for several years but NO motivation to drop a ski. Till 3 weeks ago my 10 year old son did it in about 5 tries, now he gets up on one and can't get enough, we're skiing in the cold and rain. I love it, hard to keep the MOOMBA clean though. Now 8 year old daughter has the slalom bug and she can drop a ski and go forever, wake crossings and all. FINALLY, I've turned 'em into slalom junkies. I win !! My wife is getting tired of driving in the cold though. you guys west of michigan, send me some warm weather would ya.

Sled491
08-01-2009, 06:30 AM
Dude that's why we ordered heaters with our Outback:) Even this week the kids had them on.