PDA

View Full Version : Ballast not empty

Tro
07-27-2009, 10:00 PM
I discovered that the left (rear) ballast of Gravity III ballast system does not empty, the switch lights on on both positions. Any body having experience with this ??

jester
07-27-2009, 10:32 PM
Do you have an 09 or 08 and before?

If it is an 08 and before you will have a fill pump and an drain pump. Check to see if you can hear the pump trying to work when you have it switched to drain. If you cannot hear it atleast trying to work it could be the pump or the wiring to the pump.

If you can hear it trying to drain you might have a blocked hose.

Also has it ever worked before?

Tro
07-27-2009, 10:48 PM
Yes it has been working just before.
No no noise at all.
It's a 07 model, and I am not sure how many pumps for each ballast.
I inverted left and right cables for testing, the right ballast worked, left no, which means that the switch and cable were not involved ..??
Thanks for the quick answer.

mmandley
07-27-2009, 11:17 PM
IM not positive how the OBV is set up if thats what your have. I have an LSV and the drain pumps are on the floor right behind the side engine covers.

open the side overs and turn on the pump, if you hear it or touch it to feel if its on and still no water you have a air lock problem. You basically have to fill the bag or fold it up till there's enough pressure to push the sir past the pump and it can re prime its self.

Mine do this all the time when draining and when they get low. Its also cause if the bag doesn't sit just right on the drain line. When the bag gets low on water the pump will suck air and air lock.

This is a pretty common problem with the types of pumps the ballast uses.

skiyaker
07-28-2009, 06:46 AM
I had the same problem on my 08 OBV- I went out and filled the bag back up a little (about 1/4 way) and then drained it again and tilted the bag up when it was almost empty. I presume that I had air in the drain hose and needed some water pressure to force it out.

moombadaze
07-28-2009, 07:44 AM
Tro, did you check all 6 fuses-up under the dash?

Tro
07-28-2009, 01:44 PM
Fuses are OK

moombadaze
07-29-2009, 11:49 AM
Loose wire/connection at switch or empty pump?

gcnettl
08-01-2009, 09:24 PM
My fuse box, im guessing due to it being on a boat, has quit functioning almost, and I have to wiggle my fuses to get a good connection. I took the fuses out and cleaned them with a wire brush to shiny metal, and it worked for a while. Im going tomorrow to find an aftermarket fuse panel to install. Just an idea. Easy way to test is with a test light. Turn the pumps on and then ground the test light, and with the fuses in the box test each blade, on the back of the fuse. Should get a hot light on each side.

mmandley
08-02-2009, 02:31 AM
My fuse box, im guessing due to it being on a boat, has quit functioning almost, and I have to wiggle my fuses to get a good connection. I took the fuses out and cleaned them with a wire brush to shiny metal, and it worked for a while. Im going tomorrow to find an aftermarket fuse panel to install. Just an idea. Easy way to test is with a test light. Turn the pumps on and then ground the test light, and with the fuses in the box test each blade, on the back of the fuse. Should get a hot light on each side.

Have you thought about Die-electric greese? Its used for electrical connection to keep water out and stops corrosion