PDA

View Full Version : Water in driver seat

mmandley
07-27-2009, 06:26 PM
I noticed while cleaning yesterday there's a puddle of water under my drivers seat.

Its right under the cushion in the frame of the seat. I expect its from getting in the boat wet and jumping in the driver seat lol.

Has anyone drilled drain holes for this? Id expect i have to remove the seat to drill them?

Im not even sure how the seat comes out i don't see any bolts i can get a wrench on.

mmandley
07-28-2009, 02:18 AM
No one has this problem?

Right under the cushion the framing of the seat collects water causing mold to start.

jmvotto
07-28-2009, 06:34 AM
Mamndley, I actual drilled small drain holes on mine when i noticed the bolts were loose. I think my seat setup on the 07 obv is slightly different. its a stand alone seat pattern, not part of the fiberglass form interior.

moombadaze
07-28-2009, 07:42 AM
No one has this problem?

Right under the cushion the framing of the seat collects water causing mold to start.

I have never noticed any water under the seat cushion but the boat is garaged and its about 130 in there so it drys out kinda fast

mmandley
07-28-2009, 11:00 AM
Thanks guys, i never thought to look under the cushion till the other day i was cleaning and noticed a little mold around the edge of the cushion. i stuck my hand in there and a puddle of water existed.

We dont ever get that hot here. Its the hottest of the year so fare and its only 100 for a few hours.

Ill have to see if i can get the seat out and drill some drain holes.

yearround
07-28-2009, 11:07 AM
Mandley,
there is a black plate below the front of the seat. if you take the plate off, you can get to the bolts that hold the seat on. or if you have really long arms, you can reach the bolts from under the seat behind the driver seat.

i get water in the driver seat, but i put a fan in the boat while in the garage to help dry things out.

mmandley
07-29-2009, 06:16 AM
Cool thanks Yearround. I seen that plate and was hopping it would allow access but hadn't had the chance to check it out yet.

yearround
07-29-2009, 12:46 PM
i leave the plate off and use the area to store stuff, sunglasses, gloves, etc.

zabooda
07-29-2009, 01:52 PM
I had a leaking heater core than came around the side and pooled there.

zabooda
07-29-2009, 01:54 PM
I had a leaking heater core where water came around the side and pooled there.

jester
07-30-2009, 11:31 AM
Mike, The simple answer to your problem is dry off before getting in the drivers seat. I have never noticed any water under the drivers seat when i have done my cleaning. You could also just put a towel on the drivers seat before you sit down and it will get most of the water.

Razzman
07-30-2009, 11:41 AM
Never had the problem. But then i also drip-dry on the platform, absorb suit moisture with a towel and always have a towel on the seat. In fact there's always towels on all the seats.

TSC
07-30-2009, 01:00 PM
we bring a bag of at least 8 towels and by the end of the day there isn't a dry one to be found.

RobertJ
07-30-2009, 01:06 PM
I have the same little puddle but I think it from armpit sweat running down the side of my body and jumping off the right side love handle. At least that is what I think it is because it tastes a little salty.

Razzman
07-30-2009, 02:24 PM
We bring around 15 towels, for peeps & seats! When done for the day we lay 'em out to dry and clip them to the bimini with Bimini Clips (http://www.biminiclip.com/)to dry.

mmandley
07-31-2009, 03:51 AM
I do dry off but then every chance i get i jump in the water to cool off and then im back in the drivers seat.

The reason i know my seat gets so wet is i cant just wear swim trunks. I cant stand the feel of nylon against the jewels. I end up wearing the boxer briefs and they dont dry out as fast as regular swim trunks. I will have to drill some drain holes i guess.

Doesnt matter how many towels i bring when i get in and out of the water a couple dozen times LOL.

moombadaze
07-31-2009, 07:44 AM
. I end up wearing the boxer briefs .

know what you are talking about. try some compresion(hold everything firmly in place) shorts-seem to dry fast.

Razzman
07-31-2009, 03:48 PM
That's why i wear board shorts, no liners ... commando the only way! :p

jester
07-31-2009, 03:58 PM
That's why i wear board shorts, no liners ... commando the only way! :p

Board shorts are the only way to go. I use to think people where crazy to ware them until the first time i went wakeboarding in them. They are great and dry really quick.

RobertJ
07-31-2009, 04:42 PM
I just wear two size 42" thongs. One on forward and one on backward. I used to wear just one but man can vinyl get hot. I post pictures later if you want.

mmandley
07-31-2009, 07:53 PM
You guys are killing me LOL.

Well i actually just bough some board shorts. Billabong ones. I was going to wear them last weekend but they are a little snug still. Claudia likes them but im not a fan of tight swim shorts LOL.

Another week or two on my diet should be good to go for them

Down 60 and holding. Cant seem to drop that last 30 LOL.

jester
07-31-2009, 08:15 PM
Dang you are doing good work. That last 30 can be easy with this heat. Just put yourself in a metal box outside when it is over 100 out. You will lose the 30 lbs in no time.

Warning: side affects might include shortness of breath, trouble walking, light headedness, the inability to walk and death. Please consolt a doctor if any side affects happen.