PDA

View Full Version : Engine running rough

james
07-27-2009, 10:09 AM
I have a 2001 Outback LS with an Indmar 5.7L V8 EFI and it is running very rough. I am going to add some fuel injector cleaner to test and hope to solve, but it seems to easy. Is there an injector cleaner that is recommended? The engine is running rough to the point that I thought there was something wrapped around my prop, swam under and nothing wrapped. I have 148 hours on the engine and only 20 this year, yes I know pathetic. At the start of the season I put in new plugs and fuel seperator filter. Any suggestions?

james
07-31-2009, 10:11 AM
Just for informational purposes and any more advice. I was told to check the PCV valve and the fuel tank vent. Vent was clean and PCV was functioning properly. I am now going to add a can of sea foam injection cleaner. Hope fully this will do the trick. Any other advice is appreciated.

K_E_N
07-31-2009, 03:20 PM
Did the rough running start with the new spark plugs? If so, be certain to check the new plugs for a possible broken plug, closed gap, or broken wire.

james
08-01-2009, 09:18 AM
No it did not, but that would be another easy check. Thanks for the advice and if the sea foam does not help I will check that next.