PDA

View Full Version : Ding in my prop

Dawk35
07-26-2009, 11:51 PM
Pulled the boat out today and noticed a dent in the prop about the diameter of a dime. The prop is still in tact, no chunks out of it just the dent. I've got a busy week ahead and not sure if I can get it in to be repaired. Am I going to do any damage if I wait a week or two to get it fixed? I haven't noticed any vibrations or anything and didn't notice hitting anything either.

mmandley
07-27-2009, 06:29 AM
If it happened while you were out and you kept driving and didn't notice anything different i wouldn't see why it cant wait.

Is this ding on the edge? Or more centered in the blade? Center blade dings i wouldn't think would matter as much its the ones near the edges that cause the water to come off the prop differently and cause more vibrations and noise.

zegm
07-27-2009, 07:37 AM
If you have No vibrations then you can wait a week since you won't be shaking the boat apart. It will be interesting to see what they charge you to repair this. I have watched our prop shop go from 60 bucks, then 90 bucks and now 120 bucks for minor repairs. I believe the gas prices of last year and the number of repossesed boats have severely cut down his business!

zabooda
07-27-2009, 08:36 AM
You got a good repair shop in Spokane with Precision Propeller.