PDA

View Full Version : Rubber Padding

tazz3069
07-26-2009, 03:27 PM
Has any one experienced the rubber padding coming out from under the feet of the Tower. The first time that I saw it, I removed the base, relocated the rubber, and replaced the foot. Now, the padding has come almost completely out from under the foot. I need to replace this before it dose any gel coat damage. This rubber piece is coming out from under both sides of the rear feet. The front one are in perfect condition. If you have replaced them, who can I contact to purchase new ones.
Tazz

jester
07-26-2009, 03:56 PM
Tazz, I think the tower is a XTP tower who have now joined with Monster Tower. I would start by contacting them. Hope this helps. Also please let us know if this is somthing we should all expect to replace after a few years.

http://www.xtremetowers.com/index.php?action=showContent&contentId=5

[email protected] or call us at 865-981-9898

Hydrofoiljunky
07-26-2009, 09:19 PM
Tazz, Mine are fine on the front too. My right rear is coming off when I looked at it today. Lemme know if ya find out anything from Monster.

Chad

Has any one experienced the rubber padding coming out from under the feet of the Tower. The first time that I saw it, I removed the base, relocated the rubber, and replaced the foot. Now, the padding has come almost completely out from under the foot. I need to replace this before it dose any gel coat damage. This rubber piece is coming out from under both sides of the rear feet. The front one are in perfect condition. If you have replaced them, who can I contact to purchase new ones.
Tazz

mmandley
07-27-2009, 06:24 AM
Yup my Starboard rear pad almost fell out before my 20hr service. AWS said its common for them to come loose and you have to reglue them down and such. They took care of mine at the 20hr but its already walking out again. I am going to see if they will refix it when its time to winterize.

From what i understand it has to do with the stresses on the tower. Still dont get why its only the back and only 1 side.

mofierka
07-27-2009, 09:42 AM
I had the rubber come out on the rear port side. It was where the tower meets the gelcoat. Started to notice it around 25 hours. I had the dealer fix it during a routine service. It's coming out again.

tazz3069
07-27-2009, 06:50 PM
Gluing is not a bad idea. I just need to get a hold of my dealer to see if I can get two of these pads. It looks like it rips at the bolt holes and works it way up. Mine got fixed a while ago and just noticed it really bad this time. I wonder, if I remove the old one and remove the foot, I could scuff up the gel coat a little and try to glue the new pad down to that. Then when I replace the foot, I could glue that down while I am bolting the foot down. That way, it will be glued on both side of the rubber. That might just work. I just need to get new pads.

Tazz

gcombe74
07-27-2009, 06:54 PM
Same year boat.. same problem... if anyone finds a permanent fix let me know... seems like its deteriorating. So if anyone finds a good working replacemnet please pm me.

thanks

tazz3069
07-27-2009, 07:51 PM
Just got a call from my boat dealer. He has a set for me waiting at the shop. They told me that they use contact cement when they glue down there pads when they replace them. The problem that I will have is that I do not have a fork lift to raise the tower to do this. I need to think of a different way to raise the tower.

Tazz

jester
07-27-2009, 09:37 PM
This sounds like an issue with the LSV's since it looks like the people with LSV's are having the issue. Good thing I have a OBV :).

Tazz, Now what you do is you back the boat to the roof line. Get two or 4 friends on the roof with ropes and cold beers. Attach the tower to the ropes and have the friends hold onto the ropes as you unbolt the tower from the boat. Problem solved.

I have heard of some people using 2X4's inbetween their rafters then hooking ropes from the 2x4's to the tower so they could pull the tower. It might work.

tazz3069
07-27-2009, 10:29 PM
Roof thing really sound great. Two major thing come in play. One, it is 110 degrees out here now. Second, there is not enough beer to keep them up there. Rafter are also a great idea. My entire garage is dry walled. I do like the hook thing. I just might try that. I have to talk with my father-in-law and get his cable wench or come along to do this. Grat idea.
Tazz