PDA

View Full Version : Ride tips ?/

Tro
07-25-2009, 11:03 PM
I am new with inboard engine and paticularly with my new purchased Mobius LSV. I am a bit surprised about the bahaviour at very low speed when maneuvring in the harbor.
Any one of you having good tips to sail this boat.

jester
07-25-2009, 11:30 PM
Power. I use to almost never have speed or power when pulling into my slip then i learned it is easer to control with power and a little more speed. Reverse is also your friend. Know what way the boat will swing when you but it into revers and you that to help you. It is just learning how the boat will handle and trying differnt ways to do things.

mmandley
07-26-2009, 05:41 AM
Best way i have found is just put it in gear just enough to feel the boat start to move, after this you can steer it like normal but its a very slow steering. Almost like driving on snow. It will go when you turn the wheel but if you turn it all the way to lock eventually it will be in a sharp turn and its hard to stop it.

Use the reverse to slow yourself down by slowly applying reverse while drifting forward. Too much reverse and the back swings to the right.

Also whats best is just get out into some smooth open water, toss a wake board or surfboard, something over the side that floats, then drive away and practice getting close enough to grab it by hand.

Too fast the boat wash will push it away. Helps you learn low speed maneuvering.

Tro
07-26-2009, 07:45 PM
Thank you for those advices.

gus 08 mobius lsv
07-27-2009, 10:07 PM
your not the only one tro i'm the same way and still learning. mike is totally right do it in open water so your mistake doesn't end up with scratches all over your boat! reverse is tricky at first but your best friend once you figure out how it swings your back end around.