PDA

View Full Version : Decisions made for our 2010 OBV

Guma
07-25-2009, 01:58 PM
Ok so this list is from the current Build Your Boat from the Moomba website. Not sure yet what will change for 2010. Dave said he would let me know as soon as he goes to that meeting.

If I were to order today, this is what I would end up getting as standard and options for the OBV

2009 Outback V
Color Pattern: E + Solid Hull (Hull=Main color) - Black on bottom, Fury Red on Top
Engine: Indmar Assault 325 HP MPI w/E-Z Cruise Control
Prop: 4-Blade CNC Upgrade
Trailer: LED Lighting
Trailer: Single Torsion Axle Trailer w/ Disc Brakes
Graphics - Oval
Appearance: Accent Seat Cushion Rails
Appearance: Bow Filler Cushion
Appearance: Package (Docking Lights, Stainless Steel Rubrail, Etched Cleats, Guide Pole Cvr.)
Audio: AM/FM CD MP3 w/Driver Remote w/4 channel amp
Audio: Remote- Transom Location
Engine Option: Flush Kit
Performance: Depth Finder
Performance: Gravity III-v Ballast System (1 Front Bag, 2 Rear Bags)
Performance: Multisport WakePlate
Req: TransShield Shipping/Storage Cover
Trailer: Galvanized Frame (single or tandem axle)
Trailer: Spare Tire w/ Bracket (chrome or aluminum)
Trailer: Swingaway Tongue, Color Matched Moomba
Trailer: Transom Straps

Aftermarket Tower - Samson Razor and their cargo bimini I have already spoke with Scott via emails and laid the ground work to have it shipped directly to Dave for the install. The tower comes with 2 wake board racks

Lastly, I will have Dave also install a dual battery system for me.

The single or dual axle trailer is still sort of up in the air. I started a thread here asking pros and cons and got a lot of very informative replies. Dave at the shop, still recommended just getting the single for the OBV.

My plans for DIY projects:
Swivel Seat
Hinged Seats

So there it is, what do ya think?

Bennett2284
07-25-2009, 02:35 PM
Exactly what I want.

gus 08 mobius lsv
07-25-2009, 03:15 PM
what exactly are the bow fill cushions for or do ? seems like that'd hinder the number of people you could seat up there...yes or no?

moombadaze
07-25-2009, 03:26 PM
sounds good so far.

Guma
07-25-2009, 05:22 PM
what exactly are the bow fill cushions for or do ? seems like that'd hinder the number of people you could seat up there...yes or no?

The bow filler cushion fills in the space just as you walk through the windshield. Essentially turning the bow into one big seat.

yearround
07-25-2009, 06:28 PM

we love the bow fill cushion when we are out for multi day and lots of cruising. when we go out for the evening, or short hours, then we don't use it.

Mikey
07-25-2009, 09:40 PM
Maybe add a water strainer, helps keep some of the weeds etc out,otherwise looks good.

jester
07-25-2009, 11:35 PM
I would not get the docking lights and just get a spot light for the boat. They might look cool but they really do not light anything up from what i have seen. I also say get some tower speakers right now so it is out of the way.

Guma
07-26-2009, 01:03 AM
The bow filler cushion was picked out by the wife.

What is this strainer you speak of? It isn't an option from Moomba.

Tower speakers are on my mind, but I was thinking of doing a whole JL Audio install later on down the road.

Docking lights were part of the Appearance package I picked. I guess I could pick the stuff individually and see if there is a price difference between the package and individual items. I do like the look of the docking lights though. That extra bit of bling on the hull looks sharp.

mmandley
07-26-2009, 05:33 AM
I think its going to be a really sharp looking boat. The appearance package is the way to go man. Keep those docking lights even if you never use them they are a sweet looking option. It just give you a little more flare, and it comes back later in the resale value.

I know you don't have it listed yet, have you thought about Perfect Pass?

I know its the only option i didn't get that i regret. I will be buying one in the spring next year for our boat.

We have Moomba cruise now and it works great but there's a lot of features PP has that realy makes it worth having.

Guma
07-26-2009, 09:48 AM
I just looked at Perfect Pass yesterday afternoon after reading through some older posts on here. It had crossed my mind to go ahead and have that installed. If for only one reason, someone had wrote in a thread their wife thinks anything between 15 and 30 mph is a good speed for wakeboarding, and they spent less time training a new driver with the PP system.

Do I get this as an option from Moomba, listed as Perfect Pass Wakeboard Pro, adds $985 MSRP
or
Do I go aftermarket from Perfect Pass and get the Star Gazer?

mmandley
07-26-2009, 12:03 PM
Guma its up to you man.

They are essentially the same system, get it at the dealer to add it into the boat price for financing or buy it later after market.

We opted for later because i wanted to keep our boat loan under a certain dollar. Now i wish i would have just put another thousand down and got it. At least its a plug and play option on the 08 and up boat.

gus 08 mobius lsv
07-26-2009, 12:24 PM
forget the bow filler cushion and get tower speakers. The front end is already pretty "compact"

haha tower speakers are number one on my list thats for sure i've got my comfy seat to heck with the rest on my boat lol ! maybe down the road i'll cross that option u can get it to match your interior colors i assume!?

gus 08 mobius lsv
07-26-2009, 12:28 PM
guma u won't be sorry getting it sooner rather then later! very nice to have and there is a lot of options with tower speakers so unless u know exactly what u want get them done now and have it on the loan

mmandley
07-26-2009, 12:28 PM
Yup Gus you can always order the center seat later in the factory colors.

Claudia wanted this and i vetoed it as a starting option.

AWS said anytime i want i can order it threw them and its still only like 350 or 400 and so fare no one sits up front enough to warrant this option.

jester
07-26-2009, 12:59 PM
The girls love the bow. And being able to lay out and enjoy the run or the ride is key. I know in the 09 OBV the bow is not at big at the 08 so laying out might not be an option anymore. Also the 08 Bow filler sucks. I had to add to mine so it would stop falling off.

Also get the PP system now. It makes driving easer and you do not have to worry about holding the speed. It is set and forget. You can teach almost anyone to drive at that point. Now them picking you up or getting the rope back to you is a differnt story and you might have to swim a little. But it is better to swim then having to push the bow away from you in the water.

Sled491
07-26-2009, 05:27 PM
The bow filler will be a waste. The bow on the new OUtback V is soo small anyways, it's not like you'll be able to stretch out in it anyways. You may think you can but you;ll see later.

Other than that pretty complete package. Like the JL thought, good choice.

Mikey
07-26-2009, 08:57 PM
Is the water strainer not an option anymore. It was on my 07 but i have'nt checked the order list lately. It wasn't too expensive as i recall but i think its worth it. I believe someone has added one after the fact and posted ,i don't recall who. this was an item suggested by my dealer at the time and i think its totally worth it if you any where in and around weeds.
I agree with PP as well. We added ours after the fact but really should have gotten it in the first place as its No comparrison to the Moomba cruise.

dtlaine
07-26-2009, 09:46 PM
Thta's Right - Perfect Pass!! Gotta have perfect pass star gazer.

For Sure. I ordered my Stargazer direct from PP. I paid $1049 shipped, and I installed it in my 2007 OBV in about 30 minutes. It is absolutely awesome.

Sled491
07-28-2009, 01:00 PM
Is the water strainer not an option anymore. It was on my 07 but i have'nt checked the order list lately. It wasn't too expensive as i recall but i think its worth it. I believe someone has added one after the fact and posted ,i don't recall who. this was an item suggested by my dealer at the time and i think its totally worth it if you any where in and around weeds.
I agree with PP as well. We added ours after the fact but really should have gotten it in the first place as its No comparrison to the Moomba cruise.

I added the strainer this year and posted it under improvements section.

Oh and I'm totaly on board with the PP. One of the best upgrades we did!

zegm
07-28-2009, 01:03 PM
The water strainer is the, THE BEST OPTION we put on our boat! I am amazed how often it is full of weeds. Weeds that will cause a coolant system failure!
I am now wondering what the heck did the old MasterCraft do with all of them?????:confused:

Sled491
07-28-2009, 02:54 PM
Ate them for breakfast. It was a vegitarian :D

mmandley
07-29-2009, 05:54 AM
The water strainer is the, THE BEST OPTION we put on our boat! I am amazed how often it is full of weeds. Weeds that will cause a coolant system failure!
I am now wondering what the heck did the old MasterCraft do with all of them?????:confused:

Whats this strainer you all speak of? I have what looks to be a strainer on the ballast system with a clear container and filter inside. Are you guys adding one to the water intake system?

We don't have weeds or grass where we go, at least i never see any but there's always little bits of debris floating around the shores.

Sled491
07-29-2009, 11:35 AM
Whats this strainer you all speak of? I have what looks to be a strainer on the ballast system with a clear container and filter inside. Are you guys adding one to the water intake system?

We don't have weeds or grass where we go, at least i never see any but there's always little bits of debris floating around the shores.

It is the exact same system.

gus 08 mobius lsv
07-29-2009, 03:54 PM
how does this strainer mount on to the intake ed? anyone have a pic

Sled491
07-29-2009, 04:40 PM
how does this strainer mount on to the intake ed? anyone have a pic

It gets cut into the hose that comes off the brass pick up and ends at the frewshwater end of your water pump. Pics can be found on the modifications section.

zegm
07-29-2009, 10:11 PM
Basically it is just supported by the hoses themselves and is not mounted to anything.

germa001
07-30-2009, 01:46 AM
We have the strainer in our 09 OBV. We wouldn't have gotten it if we would have ordered a boat but it was on the boat we bought. We have 70 Hrs on our boat and haven't had to clean it out once. It just depends on what type of lake you are running in. Our lake doesn't have a lot of weeds and we rarely get into water less than 10 ft deep. But If you are in doubt why not get it. It's still nice to have in case we do get into shallow water. Also, we got Perfect pass wakeboard pro from the dealer. It's great, but I kind of wish we had Perfect pass stargazer now. I don't know if you can get stargazer from the factory but I would recomend going ahead and getting it instead of wakeboard pro however you can get it. The initial price difference is like 100 bucks but the upgrade later is more like 400.

Sled491
07-30-2009, 09:59 AM
We have the strainer in our 09 OBV. We wouldn't have gotten it if we would have ordered a boat but it was on the boat we bought. We have 70 Hrs on our boat and haven't had to clean it out once. It just depends on what type of lake you are running in. Our lake doesn't have a lot of weeds and we rarely get into water less than 10 ft deep. But If you are in doubt why not get it. It's still nice to have in case we do get into shallow water. Also, we got Perfect pass wakeboard pro from the dealer. It's great, but I kind of wish we had Perfect pass stargazer now. I don't know if you can get stargazer from the factory but I would recomend going ahead and getting it instead of wakeboard pro however you can get it. The initial price difference is like 100 bucks but the upgrade later is more like 400.

Why do you think Star Gazer would be a better fit?

germa001
07-30-2009, 01:49 PM
The wakeboard Pro is a great system but the stargazer is a really great system from what I've read. around 20mph our system is perfecct but as we increase the speed, the accuracy decreases. When our hand held GPS reads 30mph the PP reads 28 and the boats speedo reads around 30 to 31. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me considering the PP and boats speedo run off of the same paddle wheel. for right now our PP works great and we won't be upgrading anytime soon. But if I was buying a new boat and looking for speed control I would seriously consider getting the newer system just to get a more accurate speed reading for confirmation and consistency If I'm skiing behind a different boat.

Sled491
07-30-2009, 02:04 PM
The wakeboard Pro is a great system but the stargazer is a really great system from what I've read. around 20mph our system is perfecct but as we increase the speed, the accuracy decreases. When our hand held GPS reads 30mph the PP reads 28 and the boats speedo reads around 30 to 31. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me considering the PP and boats speedo run off of the same paddle wheel. for right now our PP works great and we won't be upgrading anytime soon. But if I was buying a new boat and looking for speed control I would seriously consider getting the newer system just to get a more accurate speed reading for confirmation and consistency If I'm skiing behind a different boat.

Sounds like a calibration problem to me. That is the one problem for the PP Wakeboard pro. At slalom speeds you need to calibrate for every speed setting. You need a GPS and some open water and patients (spelling?).

germa001
07-30-2009, 03:38 PM
We did callibrate at each speed. The boat runs at the right speed but the PP says it is running slower than it acctually is. That's because the Speedo on the PP can only be callibrated at one speed recomended to be 20mph because you'll be using the speedo for wakeboarding. As you get away from that speed the accuracy of the speedo falls off. In Slalom mode our boat runs at the proper speeds but the speedo is wrong because the actual speed is farther away from 20mph. even a cars speedo gets less accurate the farther you get from the speed it is callibrated at. The problem is that PP's accuracy falls off a good bit. with the gps though, I could be confident in the Speed I was running at all times.

Sled491
07-30-2009, 04:23 PM
You have other problems then my friend. I have an 07 Outback with PP wakeboard pro. Baiscally I'm a skier and my family dables with surfing and wakeboarding. I use the PP 99% for my skiing and have had no such issues since reclaibrating my PP beginning of last season (previous season we did have the problem you speak of). I ski 34 and 36 MPH and find the analog speedo and my PP to be within 1/2 mph of each other and that can be contributed to viewing angle of the analog speedo.

Don't get me wrong the star gazer is the future, but for 99.9 % of the people out there that kind of accuaracy would probably not even be recognized. Also, did stargazer ever fix the issue with current?

SC_LSV
07-30-2009, 04:25 PM
Guma,

Perfect pass is a dream for riders and drivers.

As far as audio, i have done the full JL Audio in my LSV. Pricey, but You will NOT be disappointed.

SC_LSV

sandm
07-30-2009, 04:42 PM
not to get off topic, but our speedo and pp do not agree with each other and both are off from a gps unit, and as stated, the faster you go, the further off they are.
sounds like mine needs calibrated as well.. kind of frustrating to look down and see you are doing 28 on one and 24 on the other.
sounds like a nice afternoon on the lake to me :)
perfect pass is def. the way to go though, and stargazer if it's only $100 extra. I have heard that it holds surf speeds better than pp out of the gate. doesn't run as far past the speed setting before dialing back.

Sled491
07-30-2009, 06:22 PM
PP needs TLC to get it right, but is great when you get it. Wake theory says you need to go past speed to build ideal wake, then settle down to surf speed to get best results. there was some discussion on this when Ed was having a similar problem.

Mikey
07-30-2009, 09:25 PM
I went through this same problem with PP reading one speed and boat speedo reading another when i replaced my controle module after it burned out last yr.When talking to an advisor from PP about the differences in readings he told me its one of the nuances of the Wakeboard PRO model.
I set my boat speedo and do my 20 mph calibration with a GPS , set up all your slalom speeds etc and then go. Boat speeds match up in wakeboard mode but not in slalom mode at least on the digital dial. Boat does follow proper speeds as speedo shows but digital readout is off. I've checked these at a later time against the GPS and all is good. Apparently its a Glitch in the wakeboard Pro module program which they feel isn't worth fixing as it was suggested to fix this was to switch to Star Gazer. Apparently there used to be a sepparate PP and Wakeboard PP but since they only make the one now or Star Gazer thats what you get.
When skiing i just set my required speeds and go and can check against the boat speedo which is pretty acurate. Kinda chintzy but i like it just the same. I occasionally get the GPS out just to double check and so far all is good.

Sled491
07-30-2009, 10:00 PM
Ah crap, now mine has gone goofy. Tonight went out for my ski. Set PP to 34 as I was woking on some ski set up stuff. PP never read above 31 MPH while set at 34, however the boat was actually only going 31 per the analog speedo.

By the way this will be the last I post on this thread about PP as I was rude of me to steal. Enjoy your OBV:) By the way what kind of work takes you over seas for a few months?