PDA

View Full Version : helped out a fellow skiers choice owner last night

sandm
07-24-2009, 12:21 PM
out on the lake most of the afternoon. approaching 7:30. cloud cover was bad and it was as dark as dusk out so we decided it was time to leave. as we headed across the lake, we saw a red '05-ish moomba outback in the water. there was a guy in the front with a paddle in hand and a girl on the back holding a flag up waving it. we pulled over. group of 2 guys and 4 girls in the mid-20's age(talk about a good ratio and some nice bikinis). they ran over their wakeboard rope and said the boat wouldn't run.
I always mocked one of my boatmates for an impulse purchase of a swim mask that he has used a couple of times, but turned out to be a good thing tonight. gave the kids what they needed, motored my other friends to the marina, came back and they had performed the surgery to remove the rope from the prop. said it was wound up as big as the prop around the shaft...

they kept offering to buy the stuff off us so we wouldn't have to wait or come back, but no way I was letting a bunch of people bob around incase they didn't run again. only 3 miles to the marina..

few more karma points for us.. yeaaaa...

mcdye
07-24-2009, 12:49 PM
it as ways seems good deeds, return good deeds later on....

newty
07-24-2009, 01:49 PM
Good deeds never go unnoticed... ever. Pay it forward as they say.

mmandley
07-24-2009, 07:50 PM
Sorta a gross story, but good Karama

Last sunday we hit the local Hagg and we were jsut floating when all the sudden i saw a floating object in the water nest to the boat. It was a feminine product. Pretty freaking gross man.

I turned a plastic bag inside out and picked it up out of the water, tied the bag closed and put it in our normal boat trash.

Then moved to another area of the lake.

Tuesday when we went out Hagg was all glass and only 2 boats and we had almost the entire wake zone to ourselves for 4 hours. Was the best water ive ever seen up here in Portland. I said this is the good Karma i created Sunday.

moombadaze
07-24-2009, 07:52 PM
Sorta a gross story,.

yeh, that was gross.

newty
07-24-2009, 08:18 PM
Maybe thats why they call it Hagg lake.

mmandley
07-24-2009, 08:19 PM
Maybe thats why they call it Hagg lake.

Ohh i was waiting for that one LOL

jmvotto