PDA

View Full Version : Summer Sabbatical

Reese350
07-21-2009, 08:10 AM
We took 6 weeks off work this summer to spend with the kids on the water so I thought I would share some pics. Our 9 year old is on the wakeskate, our 8 year old is on the wakeboard and slalom ski, and just yesterday we taught our 4 year old to wakeboard. Notice the roo on his new board. He loves it! Now that the kids are so active behind the boat, I find that I would rather pull them then actually go myself. Never thought I would see that day. I hope everyone is having a great summer on the water...

moombadaze
07-21-2009, 08:12 AM
Scott, thats great, man your lucky to get so mutch time off.

kaneboats
07-21-2009, 09:05 AM
Those are some great pics. Looks like you guys are having a blast.

mcdye
07-21-2009, 11:11 AM
That is awesome. My son is starting to see the light of the joy of wakeboarding. We are leaving the kneeboard at home on the next trip..;)

ian ashton
07-22-2009, 09:46 AM
Very cool! What industry are you in, if you don't mind me asking...

Reese350
07-23-2009, 08:26 AM
Thanks guys, we are having a ball and are very blessed to be able to take the time to enjoy the Moomba as a family.

Ian, I work in the computer software industry. Our company has an awesome benefit where every 4 years you get to take a 6 week paid sabbatical to go recharge your batteries. It's pretty cool!

mmandley
07-23-2009, 08:55 AM
Thanks guys, we are having a ball and are very blessed to be able to take the time to enjoy the Moomba as a family.

Ian, I work in the computer software industry. Our company has an awesome benefit where every 4 years you get to take a 6 week paid sabbatical to go recharge your batteries. It's pretty cool!

WOW i do the same, i work in the computer biz but ours is every 7 years for 8 weeks. I think i like yours better Reese LOL

deerfield
07-23-2009, 09:06 AM
Reese - Time with your wife and kids is time well spent. You are indeed fortunate to be in a line of business that offers this sabatical benefit. If I had it, I would do exactly the same thing. My boys now are 23, 21, and 15 and I love to be with them. Always have. Family is a gift. And, yes, we are having a great summer on the water. - Deerfield

moombadaze
07-23-2009, 09:41 AM
Our company has an awesome benefit where every 4 years you get to take a 6 week paid sabbatical to go recharge your batteries. It's pretty cool!

Yes, that is very cool. Time with the kids is very important and your very lucky. However ,not sure I could go back to work after 6 weeks off.

kaneboats
07-23-2009, 11:35 AM
Hmmm. Maybe 5 weeks with the kids and then a week off from that.

Reese350
07-23-2009, 11:32 PM
Here's how I split up the 6 weeks. We are doing 3 weeks on Burt Lake in Northern MI as a family and then I am taking each of the 3 boys on a father/son trip to a location of their choice. Should be a blast!