PDA

View Full Version : Ws-420 Eq

adsman
07-20-2009, 06:33 PM
anyone have the wetsounds WS-420 EQ? looking for suggestions on how to and where to mount it on my 07LSV

hotrod62
07-20-2009, 06:43 PM
I have one and love it. I mounted under the ignition switch on my 08 LSV. I had to make some angle brackets to screw into the fiberglass behind the gray console. Ill try to get pics this week when i take the boat out for ya.

mofierka
07-20-2009, 09:26 PM
love the eq! Built a new switch panel.

newty
07-20-2009, 09:26 PM
I don't have a 420... cant seem to find the jealousy smile here...
but I have my eq mounted vertically foward of my throttle.

adsman
07-20-2009, 10:16 PM
thanks hotrod

mofierka - great spot... wish i could mount mine there (see pic)

newty - good idea vertically..

attached a pic of the cockpit... open for suggestions

hotrod62
07-22-2009, 10:26 AM
thanks hotrod

mofierka - great spot... wish i could mount mine there (see pic)

newty - good idea vertically..

attached a pic of the cockpit... open for suggestions

Here are some Pics of how I did mine. Tired to get a pic of the brackets

SC_LSV
07-23-2009, 02:44 PM
What all can you control with the Wetsounds EQ?

Boat Speakers?
Tower Speakers?
Subs?

All volumes separately?

I have been wanting to get something like this for awhile, no sense in project my music way behind the boat when we are just out riding around and vice versa. Could prob do it on my amps, but i don't want to have to crawl under the dash everytime i want to make an adjustment.

jester
07-23-2009, 02:57 PM
What all can you control with the Wetsounds EQ?

Boat Speakers?
Tower Speakers?
Subs?

All volumes separately?

I have been wanting to get something like this for awhile, no sense in project my music way behind the boat when we are just out riding around and vice versa. Could prob do it on my amps, but i don't want to have to crawl under the dash everytime i want to make an adjustment.

If your using amps for both the tower speakers and the boat speakers you can put the boat speakers on the front channel RCA's out and the tower speakers on the rear channel RCA's out then just use the deck to fade between front and rear depending on what you are doing. It does not coast as much as a EQ and if that is all your looking to do would work without an issue.

brain_rinse
07-23-2009, 03:24 PM
If your using amps for both the tower speakers and the boat speakers you can put the boat speakers on the front channel RCA's out and the tower speakers on the rear channel RCA's out then just use the deck to fade between front and rear depending on what you are doing. It does not coast as much as a EQ and if that is all your looking to do would work without an issue. True, although fading to adjust tower vs. boat isn't something you can do on the fly or from the driver's seat like you could with an EQ. And you can get a very nice Clarion EQ for $50.

Another option if you run separate amps is running the amps' remote turn-on wires to the empty "accessory" rocker switch, and powering on/off the tower amp and/or cabin amp. This is free and can be controlled while driving.

Razzman
07-23-2009, 04:16 PM
Or you can do it with the use of PAC LC-1 (http://www.diguniverse.com/MOBILE-AV/12-VOLT-CAR-STEREO/PACLC1.html) switches for anywhere from $15-20 a switch and do exactly what you all are asking without any hassles. They can even be dash mounted for that factory look. The PAC LC-1 connects inline with your amp RCAs and allows volume control on any channel. The only hard part is running long enough RCA from the HU to the dash and back to the amp.