PDA

View Full Version : Set up my 06' Mobius LSV

Eric Z
07-20-2009, 12:04 PM
How much weight should I with my boat run. I tried it for the first time yesteday and can't get the wave to go ropeless. I had the front and left side filled. I had two more people on the back left side of the boat at about 10mph. The wave looked good but i just couldn't get slack in the rope for more than a couple of seconds.....Help. I was also wondering if a longer board will make it easier to stay in the curl? I was using a Hypelite skim style board. Does anyone on here ride the obrian surf boards I have seen them cheap and was thinking of getting one.

Canuckle Head
07-20-2009, 02:11 PM
Got any pictures of your wake?

SC_LSV
07-20-2009, 05:24 PM
In my 06 LSV, I run the stock 400lb in surf side locker and 400lb in the ski locker. Then as many ppl as we have in the boat to line the surf side of the boat. And depending on if DNR is around or not, some one sitting on the back to catch the rope and i will drive from the surf side to add more weight. Wave is massive when we get about 8 ppl in the boat, but its surfable with just 2 or 3. Wakeplate 3/4- all the way up and Perfect pass set on 10.5mph. Wave is not super long like in some ppls pictures, but its definitely good enough that you can ride ropeless as long as you want.

lancesaville
07-21-2009, 07:23 AM
How much weight should I with my boat run. I tried it for the first time yesteday and can't get the wave to go ropeless. I had the front and left side filled. I had two more people on the back left side of the boat at about 10mph. The wave looked good but i just couldn't get slack in the rope for more than a couple of seconds.....Help. I was also wondering if a longer board will make it easier to stay in the curl? I was using a Hypelite skim style board. Does anyone on here ride the obrian surf boards I have seen them cheap and was thinking of getting one.

Your curl is prob fine if your corner ballast is full. If you come right out of the pocket after you drop the rope, you're prob putting too much weight on your back foot.

Eric Z
07-21-2009, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the help....So I want to be more in the middle of the board.