PDA

View Full Version : Help with my slits on my sun pad

MAPWPD
07-20-2009, 10:45 AM
I love my nieces and nephew but sometimes they don't think. They had our surf board up side down and dragged it across the sun pad. So I have three small razor like slits on the back sun pad any thoughts on how to fix myself that won't look too bad.

:(

mmandley
07-20-2009, 05:51 PM
I had the exact same thing happen, we use 3 towels all sewed together and Velcro it to the ski pylon to cover the rear deck, makes it cool for getting in and out with the sun.

Any how a friend of mine did the same thing, he dragged the surfboard fins down over my cover and i have the same mark =( i was so angry i had to take a time out LOL.

Any tips from others? I know people have had to have this happen.

ian ashton
07-20-2009, 05:53 PM
I had the exact same thing happen, we use 3 towels all sewed together and Velcro it to the ski pylon to cover the rear deck, makes it cool for getting in and out with the sun.

Any how a friend of mine did the same thing, he dragged the surfboard fins down over my cover and i have the same mark =( i was so angry i had to take a time out LOL.

Any tips from others? I know people have had to have this happen.

I don't have cuts in my vinyl, but I installed snaps onto a pair of beach towels that match my boat, so I can snap the towels on over the sun pad and not have to worry about them blowing around, and it keeps 'em cool. I'll post pics later...

(I have a snap on cover, and installed the snaps on the towel to match up with the cover snaps on the boat.)

mmandley
07-20-2009, 05:56 PM
Right i dont have cuts just a scratch like MAPWPD

I think me and you Ian are doing the same thing just i don't have snaps LOL. I have mine Velcroed to the ski pylon and the 2 rear tie downs. I did a 3 color thing, 2 light tan towels and 1 dark brown one.

jester
07-20-2009, 05:58 PM
Beat them until they start thinking. j/k. You just have to let everyone know that they need to watch what they are doing or they will not be allowed on the boat. It works to tell them they will be put on shore and if you do it to one of them the rest will fall in line.

Mike,
Kind of funny that we put our selfs in quiet time now and again when things happen. I think there needs to be a sign that says like "Baby Moomba is hurt, i am in quite time so i don't hurt you"

mmandley
07-20-2009, 06:08 PM
Mike,
Kind of funny that we put our selfs in quiet time now and again when things happen. I think there needs to be a sign that says like "Baby Moomba is hurt, i am in quite time so i don't hurt you"

Exactly what happens, 1st time i asked my buddy to spot me pulling the boat out of the garage he is watching the corner i asked and i said it barly clears this part because we realy wedged it in the garage.

I pull out real slow, all the sudden i hear a crash and tearing sound and a nasty crushing sound i cant even describe.

The boat hit the edge of the garage, tore my Moomba cover, bent the garage door track and crushed the siding on the garage door with the weatherstripping on it.

The whole time he was waving his hat to stop. Not yelling, not say wait, not saying a word. He tells me i waved my hat, as i replied very calmly, dude your 5.5 and im backed up a drive way with a steep tilt, i cant even see you back there, thats why i said Holler. I went back in the house for a 10 minute cool down.

Luckly Claudia sewed the tear in the cover, a hammer and pliers fixed the garage track and Home Depot sells the strips for 6bucks LOL

Now i bought the little yellow tennis balls on antenna's and have gotten really good at pulling it out of the garage alone LOL

Geoffrey18
07-20-2009, 08:42 PM
Hey MMandley can you post some pics of your towel setup? I have been thinking of doing that, kinda of like the primal seat covers but not sure how to go about it.

gus 08 mobius lsv
07-20-2009, 11:21 PM
yeah anyone with modifications done to the sun deck pics would be great. i have a bad temper when it comes to someone else messing up my stuff. i haven't had this happen yet but wanna save a buddies or family members life!

mmandley
07-21-2009, 04:42 AM
Hey MMandley can you post some pics of your towel setup? I have been thinking of doing that, kinda of like the primal seat covers but not sure how to go about it.

Np man i really thought i had some pics of this but it seems i have lots of pics with parts of it but nothing whole. Ill get a snap shot in the AM before we head out and get it posted tomorrow for you.

Think we spent like 10 bucks at the local target for teri cloth towels and used a heavy thread.

Kelsey
07-21-2009, 07:22 AM
I tried using a DIY vinyl repair kit last year. This was on a very small spot in an inconspicuous area...it still looked like crap. I pulled the entire engine cover off and took it into a vinyl repair shop. $350 and it looked brand new again.

moombadaze
07-21-2009, 07:58 AM
I pull out real slow, all the sudden i hear a crash and tearing sound and a nasty crushing sound i cant even describe.

The boat hit the edge of the garage, tore my Moomba cover, bent the garage door track and crushed the siding on the garage door with the weatherstripping on it.

My garage tale. Left the engine hatch cover up as I pulled out, bent the hatch cover, bent the garage door and stoped the truck. the noise was unreal. Bent the cover back but the garage door is still bent. It happens...

ian ashton
07-21-2009, 11:48 AM
Here are a few pictures of my towel setup. The towel sits flat, it was just pulled funny in these pictures from stepping on it.

https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3149&stc=1&d=1248191314

https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3150&stc=1&d=1248191315

ian ashton
07-21-2009, 11:50 AM
And its still 2 seperate towels, I open the compartment, fold the towel under, and presto - secure towels :)

mmandley
07-21-2009, 12:20 PM
Nice Ian thats real clean looking. Heres mine for the V Drive compartments.

Pic 1 is showing you how we sewed the seams and added Velcro

Pic 2 is how it looks on the boat.

It doesn't fit perfect but allows you to get in both compartments by folding over 1 section, also it never fly's off. It does move to the center more but thats what the Velcro on the tie downs is supposed to help with. We tuck in the front corners to help it stay in place better. The ultimate which i will work on this winter is making one with a sky pylon hole in it stitched up so it doesn't tear and it will have cut outs for the collapsible tie downs to hold it in place. We don't use them as much.

Works real well at absorbing water from people climbing in and keeps the deck cool to the touch.

Props to Newty's wife, she gave us the idea.

ian ashton
07-21-2009, 12:36 PM
That looks sweet! Your interior colors are really nice.

Razzman
07-21-2009, 01:42 PM
I was in Costco one day and as always the wife checks the beach towels as they are high quality, big and last forever. We already have like 15 but oh well, anyway low and behold they now carry a huge towel labeled "Towel For Two" so we bought one. Doesn't cover all the way to each side but front to back no prob and it works just fine for like $12.

jester
07-21-2009, 02:19 PM
I was in Costco one day and as always the wife checks the beach towels as they are high quality, big and last forever. We already have like 15 but oh well, anyway low and behold they now carry a huge towel labeled "Towel For Two" so we bought one. Doesn't cover all the way to each side but front to back no prob and it works just fine for like $12.

That is a great find. You have to love Costco in that nothing you get there is ever small.

Razzman
07-21-2009, 02:56 PM
That is a great find. You have to love Costco in that nothing you get there is ever small.

Ain't that the truth!