PDA

View Full Version : Introduction...

Guma
07-20-2009, 10:32 AM
Hello to everyone on the baord! Great board BTW, I think I have read pretty much every post on here since I found the site 3 days ago... Yeah that is how excited I am about getting a Moomba.

My wife and I, Jess, run a business out of our home near Tampa Fl. We just recently got married back in December and do not have any kids yet. She is also a real estate agent and I do some IT consulting as a contractor for the Air Force base in Tampa. In a few weeks I will be heading overseas for about 3 months and when I get back we will be buying a boat.

My search first started a few weeks back and I started looking at I/Os. Then I got word of my overseas visit and started looking at DD and V-Drives. Never owned one and have always wanted one. The disappointment began with my first visit to a Tige/Malibu dealer, then the MC, and last stop was the CC showroom. The prices were killing me, most of them starting at $60k and rising extremely fast. I found a CC that we could settle on, but still wasn't happy with the price.

On Sat I was looking at some towers and came across the Moomba name. Went to the site and quickly built a boat and could not believe the price point. Found a dealer and was there on the showroom floor inside of 30 mins.

www.landolakesmarine.com (https://forum.moomba.com/www.landolakesmarine.com)

The owner, Dave Hipps, came out, great guy, and we talked about the boats and what I was planning on using it for. He put me in the Outback V and told me a ballpark price, and I was sold. Wife loves the price too so we made up our minds that is the boat we will get when I get back.

The plan with Dave is, about a month before I come back home to go ahead and put in my order with the deposit so it will be ready or close to ready when I get home. Plan on taking a test drive sometime this week, of course it is raining today.

I have already jumped in the GB for the SeaDek, and look forward to adding the swivel seat, and hinged seats as well.

Look forward to hanging around here and possibly meeting a few Moomba owners as well.

kaneboats
07-20-2009, 10:36 AM
Glad to have you aboard. Congratulations on your choice. Moombadaze and dtlaine are in your area. Great guys to know. I'm sure I'll meet you some time. I definitley recommend a trip over to Clermont for a mini-jam and some wakesurfing lessons.

moombadaze
07-20-2009, 04:07 PM
Guma, pre-congrat's on the new boat. I have bought 4 boats from Dave at LOL Marine. Let us know when your picking up the new boat as I might just be on the lake that day. Definitly make plans to join us sometime in clermount for a mini jam-about a 2 hour drive for you.

mmandley
07-20-2009, 05:31 PM
Congratz man you wont be disappointed at all. I ran the exact thing you did when buying my boat this year, i went to the boat show and kept looking at boats and stuff thinking i dont need all that bling, i can put that on myself, came to the Moomba section and was sold. That day i had a deposit down and drive my first V drive 3 weeks later.