PDA

View Full Version : How to trouble shoot blower wiring?

KurtL
07-19-2009, 01:38 PM
So we had lots of people out this weekend and couple different drivers and many little fingers touching switches and things.

Last night I went to switch the blower on and the control just spun. I grabbed the back under the dash to hold it still and turned the knob and nothing happened(worked fine Friday night). This morning I crawled under the steering wheel and checked all four wire connections, all were connected. So now what? I don't think it's the switch, probably the wiring became twisted and broke?

One other thing I noticed is that the blower knob was not back lit when the navagation lights are turned on(think it usually is).

Any suggestions on how to trouble shoot as wiring is like rocket science to me.

Thanks,

Kurt

KurtL
07-20-2009, 10:28 AM
Spent most of the afternoon yesterday trouble shooting blower with my neighbor. Always helps to have a neighbor with some knowledge and the right tools.

We checked continuity in all sections of all wires as well as the blower switch and light. We even by-passed the switch to make sure the blower itself worked.

After hooking everything back up it worked great. I think the kids spinning the switch pulled the hot wire to the point of shorting but not breaking it.

Also found the switch that adjusts the speedo. Now I can finally calibrate it. All in all some good lessons learned yesterday:).

mmandley
07-20-2009, 06:38 PM
Nice, so this Speedo calibration switch? Wheres it located?

KurtL
07-20-2009, 07:44 PM
MMandley,

It is (from what I recall, boat is at the lake) up under the dash just left of the steering column when sitting in the captains chair. It is round and chrome or silver in color. I found that it adjusted the speed at max rpm from 37-47mph. Just take your gps and set it. Now where is my gps???:confused:

Kurt