PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Amp Location

adsman
07-17-2009, 03:08 PM
I have an 07 LSV with a OEM Kenwood amp and I am adding a 2nd (and possible 3rd amp) for a stereo upgrade... wanted to know if anyone had pics of amp install locations on their LSV to share.

Razzman
07-17-2009, 03:59 PM
Do a search for "stereo" and "stereo makeover" and you'll finds lots of info and pics. ;)

mmandley
07-19-2009, 06:27 AM
You can also look at my profile and i have an album for upgrades and stereo stuff and you can see where i put mine in the 08 LSV

adsman
07-19-2009, 09:34 PM
Do a search for "stereo" and "stereo makeover" and you'll finds lots of info and pics. ;)

dangit! i hate being "that guy" .... posting a question and getting the "uhhhh ... try searching the board" response... just kidding... couldnt find much searching... got lazy and posted.

adsman
07-19-2009, 09:35 PM
You can also look at my profile and i have an album for upgrades and stereo stuff and you can see where i put mine in the 08 LSV

thanks mmandley... thats exactly what i was thinking of doing... did you build the board for the amps or is that how they are doing it stock on the 08's? if you did build it, what is it made out of?

mmandley
07-20-2009, 07:10 PM
It is the stock board the original 200.2 and 200.4 kickers were on. I removed it and lined up the amps and made marks for drilling. I couldn't pre mount the amps due to it wont fit back in the opening then.

Im not sure the material its made from it appears to be the same back plastic, stuff on the back of the seats in the boat. Don't over tighten the screws or they will strip out easily